if you are quick tempered, what do you want people to understand about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• that i am me i will always be that way so if you dont like it ud better leave now cuz im not going to change for no one its who i am
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 2:35 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• For me, I'm very much quick tempered, but I get over it just as quickly. I will get so mad and stomp around and pout about something and my husband will get mad at me for overreacting. I'll be completely over it in a few minutes and he's still irritated with me. I just need some space when things go wrong. For example, yesterday, my daughter pooped on the floor and I stepped on it, my husband had me searching for an hour for a paper we never owned, and we got bad news about the house we're buying, I was so irritated, I just went in the bathroom, and took a bubble bath. I just needed to be alone for a bit so I could cool off.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:32 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i guess you're trying to get to know someone and you want them to know you're quick tempered...? I would say the first thing is to be upfront. Let them know you have trouble controlling your anger, describe examples of things that set you off, and examples of what you do when you lose control and what they can do to help when you've lost control- whether it is to just walk away for a few minutes, let you approach them first, or scream back in your face. Lying and hiding won't get you anywhere so be as honest as possible and let them know whether or not you'd like to change.
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 5:49 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• BELIEVE IT OR NOT-- I MORE THAN LIKELY AM NOT GOING TO SMACK YOU DOWN--NO MATTER WHAT ELSE YOU HAVE HEARD!! JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO TELL ME IN A TIMELY MANNER!!! AND I PROMISED I WILL NOT SMACK YOU UNLESS YOU REALLY DESERVE IT!!! JUST KIDDING I WILL NOT EVEN YELL MORE THAN LIKELY, WELL i WILL TRY NOT TO YELL MUCH.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:37 AM on Sep. 4, 2009