UGH! I want to vent but I need to save my energy? OK, I am just going to put it out there, I am in the middle of a cancer scare and I won't know til next week, you'd think that family and friends would just chill and either......

1. Leave me alone with my physical and emotional pain right now and not bother me.
2. Let the week go by before you come over to ask how I am for 1 minute and then complain about my mom and my dog for friggin' 15 minutes!!!
3. Understand you are just my brothers GF living here with your daughter for $300 a month, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and the whole backroom and you want MORE???????
How do you deal with people that are so into themselves and their comfort that they don't give a rats behind about what another person is going through. I know I should elaborate more but just with the info given here and you can ask me what you want or comment. Thanks ladies.

ItsMeGigi69

Asked by ItsMeGigi69 at 2:32 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• holy guacamole! I guess the first thing I would do is get some of that flea yard treatment. If there is a problem in your yards because of the birds, that will help. Secondly- as soon as she hits your door, open it and tell her you feel crappy and you can't talk right now, can she come back later? Or if you're getting ready to fall into a painless coma lock the door. Post a sign on the outside, please do not disturb I'm trying to rest. If you cut her off before she has a chance to get started you don't have to have a confrontation. Then when your brother gets home from work ask him to come over alone and privately tell him you really need him to keep her on a leash while you're going through this because she's stressing you out too much.
    I'm praying for you, even though I don't know you. I hope all turns out OK, and if it is bad news then know that God has charged you with this and He has His reasons. <3
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 5:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'm sorry Gigi. I really don't know what to say. I hope they do something and think about you instead of themselves
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:35 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Errrrrr I can't hold my temper. Usually not good when people act that way around me.
    Talk it out ! Communication is the best medicine. Easier said than done.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 2:36 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Hey Gigi, I like the method, too, -- I'LL TALK, YOU LISTEN. ;-P

I hope the results come back okay.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 2:37 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Well the brothers girlfriend needs to be slapped stupid :~) GL on the scare that your having I hope everything works out. I have always went with no news is good news.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:37 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• She is acuusing my dog of having fleas and came over to complain and say her famous line (even my boy imitates her) "The fleas love me"! I'm like WTF? I have my dog here all the time but he will follow me or my mom over to moms house next door and stays like 3 minutes before he gets kicked out. I haven't been bitten, my mom hasn't been bitten and my son hasn't been bitten. My mom has had a mangy little dog that we all love to death for 8 years and he doesn't have fleas. We use Advantix? Advantage? I don't even pay attention, lol. Why come and wake me up when I have finally found relief for my pain and was just dozing off into a painless slumber?
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 2:47 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Tell her maybe it's the crotch crickets coming up for air that she's feeling lol.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:50 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Sorry to hear that Gigi, I've had to deal with a cancer scare myself, now dealing with possible liver or gallbladder problems. You need to tell the girlfriend exactly how you feel and if she can't get it, then do your best to ignore her. As for others, if they are very close, good friends then tell them how you feel. I know sometimes as a friend I don't tend to think about how the other person is feeling and what they are going through. Not often, but sometimes. People just get wrapped up too much in their own lives. It's okay to tell them you need them to stop. Good luck, and if you need anyone to chat with feel free to PM me.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:00 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Gigi, I am here for you!! As a survivor I Know how you feel. I remember the days of waiting for answers you wanted & didn't want at the same time. People who have never been thru cancer scares, with a diagnosis or beig told it's benign, do not know how it feels. No, i don't give a flying fork about dogs, fleas or the sunshine. I WANT TO BE NORMAL!!! I want to not think. I want the phone to ring but I don't want the phone to ring....am I getting close?
    It's ok to be scared & it's ok to the world to go away. If they love you(as much as we do) they will understand!! Love ya gal!! Keep us posted
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:05 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Thanks Waganma and April. It just surprises me that she does this kind of thing. We have pine trees all in front of the houses, there are at least 200 birds that have nests in there, hello! fleas LOVE birds just as much as they LOVE you, lady! They live with my mom and comer to my house to complain. GF doesn't speak spanish and my only speaks spanish but she KNOWS body language and as soon as GF came to confront me about it my mom was 10 seconds behind her. Oh well, I go for a ultra sound tomorrow at 2pm Pacific time and I have to have a biopsy done on my uterus next week. PLEASE say a little prayer. I am getting into this thought process of getting ready for the end and where will my Alex go if I die?
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 3:15 AM on Sep. 4, 2009