has any mom friend who don't have children blown them off and not talked to them since they've had children or gotten pregnant??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Can you restate this ? Sorry I don't get it.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 2:38 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Im a little confused . Are you saying has any mom had friends that blew them off after they had kids ?
    I got pregnant and my friends all vanished .
    Some people without kids just cant handle when their other friends have their familes and they are still childish and want to party.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It's probably the single most common problem for female friendships...when one of the group moves to another stage, the others disappear.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:46 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• That happened to me - I lost a lot of friends when I got pg. But, the thing is, at the time, most of my friends were guys. My dh and I were both in the military and where we were stationed, there weren't a lot of women.

The whole baby thing freaked them out a little. Some of them got over it and some didn't, but that's ok. People change and grow in different ways, and just because one friendship dies out doesn't mean that it wasn't still special for when it lasted, or that you won't have other friends that are just as good and just as close (if not more so) than your old friends.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:12 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Nope, I was one of the last of my friends to get pregnant. but I didnt ditch any of them, if anything I hung around more. I do have one new friend who doesnt have kids, but she loves them. I do feel a little boring sometimes though when all I can talk about is my son, and I have a new vocabulary too.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:21 AM on Sep. 4, 2009