has any mom had friends that blew them off after they had kids ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I haven't personally, but have seen it happen. Quite a few times.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:47 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I was done with all my high school friends at graduation.
    SO, i didn't really have friends. lol I had my husband lol

I'm sure it happens though
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 2:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I was really young when I got pregnant, and my friends stopped talking to me til they all became pregnant within 6 months and then they tried to act like nothing changed.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:18 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'm 35 and my DS is 15 mos. I have friends who I wouldn't say blew me off, but we don't have as many things in common anymore. They're single and work as teachers. I now stay at home. I try to talk to them, but I can tell they're lost when I talk about my son. I have become closer to my cousins and friends with kids. It just happens.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• all of them!!! thet like the party life!!! not for me...
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 6:58 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I certainly don't see them like I used to. When my son was first born a few of them (one in particular) made a valiant effort to come and visit me here at my house because it was hard to bring a new baby out to have coffee or whatever. Now that it's been just over a year I hardly see any of them any more. They're ALL unmarried but in serious relationships. They like to go out to the bar, or out to dinner, and these are things just can't do with a toddler. I guess I could leave him with my husband for a night, but if I get time to myself I'd rather take a shower and go to bed early then go out drinking all night! So, I guess we're just on different pages since I had my son.

On the bright side I've also made some wonderful knew friends who have children and who I can really very much relate to. I still miss my old friends, but I am very thankful for the new!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:32 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• hahahhahahahha that is my life story. Seriously. When I was pregnant I lost ALL of my friends. And then they came back around after I had my son because I could go out to the bar every once in a while. But allot of my friends are single and arent even thinking about kids just yet in life. And so Its just me who is married and has a kid and they dont understand that I can't just drop everything and hang out with them. And they dont understand that I can't go to the bar whenever they want to go to the bar... and they dont understand that I can't go to the bar during the weekdays. I feel like I am from a whole diffrent planet now. Its frustrating because when I was doing my crazy party days they were to wraped up in their boyfriends and so I went and partied with other people and now that I have settled down and made a family for myself... considering that is what I wanted they are pissed at me. I will never understand it.
    Lilmomma1986

Answer by Lilmomma1986 at 8:03 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Yeah, most of them. They couldn't relate to my being a mom. I didn't have the patience for their single person and/or childless blah blah blah whatever. My bff though, from HS, she's with me for the long run.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:16 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Not so much because we all had kids at the same time, but almost all of them did disappear later on once it became obvious that my son was different (he has special needs) and wasn't keeping up with their children's development. Sad, really, because they lost an awesome opportunity to not only know my wonderful son, but also to teach their own children compassion, empathy, patience and understanding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I did have this happen. The crazy part is she already had 3 kids of her own! Since I have had my son, who will be 2 next week, I have seen her maybe 7 times! We used to hang out 3-4 times a week! I don't know what happened, I know I miss my friend, she was my best friend :-( Oh well it happens I guess and it stinks!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:47 AM on Sep. 4, 2009