i really don't have the time to potty train..

my son is 2 1/2.. and im desperate to potty train him! i was trying to take him to the toilet every hour but a lot of the time im busy doing something and totally forget to take him. it's really hard for me to make time to potty train my son but i want to get it over with! i need help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• set a timer and when it goes off take him pee
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:23 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• You need to potty train or your gonna be buying diapers forever. Set a timer like the OP said or just take one week and every hour go to the bathroom. I'm sorry I am never to busy for my child. I feel that it's more laziness then anything. Are you a SAHM? you have plenty of time to do whatever is keeping you from potty training your son.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i've never done the "timed" method. And potty training doesn't happen overnight. And if your child is not ready to potty train you're banging your head into a brick wall anyway. You may be "desperate" to train him, for whatever reason, but if he's not you're only going to prolong it. Get a child training potty and keep it in the living room or local area. Show him how to use it and ask him regularly if he needs to go potty. Praise and possibly treat him when he is successful. He will have accidents. Deal with it, do not punish him. Potty training is a HUGE process and you're just going to have to MAKE time if you're so "desperate".
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 5:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Let him take the lead and let him run around naked when he's ready. I tried to train my son a couple of times but he was having nothing to do with it till I went to change his diaper one morning and he said "no mummy, no diaper. I'm going to pee in the potty today." That was it, he wore pull ups a few times while out until he really got the hang of it.

You can push and push and not get anywhere or you can drop hints and let them take the lead. So much easier and no need for timers and charts and all that nonsense.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Can he tell you when he is wet? It is much easier to have them use the potty when they are developmentally ready. My oldest son was a little over 3 when he didn't want to be wet anymore. I put underwear on him and let him know he could not pee or poo in them that he had to do his businness in the potty now. He had 2 accidents during the day, but nothing after that. I didn't do the "timed" method with him. There were NO more diapers after that day! I didn't even have a probelem with him going poo in the big potty with an adjuster on it. Now, if i can just get my other 2 sons to be that easy!!!lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• What I did was set aside three days where we spent a ton of time together. The cold turkey, no diapers, panties only from the first day on. She had accidents, but as soon as I saw the wet we'd move to the toilet and finish there. No scremaing, recriminations, just Mommy saying, "Accidents happen, but we have to pee pee and poppie in the potty okay?" Then clean he rup and get on with it. I didn't take her every hour, because that is training YOU not the child. Let him feel how wet it is when his big boy pants get wet, and he'll learn all by himself. trust me. Just be prepared to stay at home a bit at first, and to have a ton of laundry at first too. LOL
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2009