how to remove scum from the bottom of bottles...?

my daughter has a couple of bottles we're not using because of the formula scum at the bottom of the bottles. The brush won't get it off and I've tried every other kind of brush I could find to remove this.. does anyone have any tips or ideas? thanks :]

UhLeeshUh

Asked by UhLeeshUh at 4:02 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Boiling the bottles for 5 minutes and then let them sit in the pot for 30 minutes then wash like normal and air dry.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:07 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• have you let them sit with soapy water in them to soak overnight?
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 5:11 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• You can use a bottle brush that you can get at Wal-Mart or Target.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• bleachy water to help break it up and sanatize it. You just need to make sure you clean it really, really well after. I do that with sippy cups that hubby forgets in the car. That nasty week old milk stuff is just gross!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• let them soak in hot soapy water overnight and from now on...clean them more often. dont' let them just sit
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Bleach and water for a couple of hours soaking then a good run through the dishwasher should do the trick, if no dishwasher, rinse, rinse and more rinse!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:08 AM on Sep. 4, 2009