teething?

ok so i think my daughter is teething but shes only 3 months and 3 wks, is this possible? if she gets anything in her mouth, toy finger ect, she bits down really hard on it. and unless she is really hungry, she will play with the nipple in her mouth...i checked her gums that not really red but only on one part, and it does seem a lil inflamed...just need some advice

liltexchick

Asked by liltexchick at 4:43 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it is possible. Try to keep her (and your) fingers out of her mouth and give her some textured teething toys, or cold water teething toys that she can grasp just in case she is. Babies are sooo sensory driven that it is possible she's just exploring her motor functions. I personally do not condone the use of baby orajel but if it seems like she is in pain give her a bit of infant tylenol.
    Good luck!
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 5:10 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It could be! But it also might just be learning about new things. My second born chewed on everything and people would always say he was teething. He wasn't! He just liked to chew. When the drool started pouring out of his mouth-THEN he was teething. Every baby responds differently, but she could certainly be getting teeth this early!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:11 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It is possible, some babies are born with teeth. My son got his first tooth at just under 5 months old.
    mummy2tristan

Answer by mummy2tristan at 6:26 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I thought my daughter was teething around then because she did the same thing (and still does at almost 6mos) but she still doesn't have any teeth. I gave her a little infant tylenol at night to help her sleep and used baby oragel during the day which seemed to help. The pediatrician said that her gums might be bothering her even though there aren't any teeth poking up yet.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 4, 2009