The State I live in hasn't passed a state budget yet. How would you feel?

Would you be upset? It is 2 months late. I personally think it is ridiculious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Let me guess you are in PA too. Yeah I am pissed becuase gov. spends alot won't apss anything but what he wants of course the house here wants to cut spending and the gov. wants to increase it and taxes even though we are among the highest staes for unemployment and most poepl cannot afford it.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• You're talking about Pennsylvania? I think it IS ridiculous, but for some strange reason, people keep voting in Governor Rendell, when he has missed the budget deadline 7 times in the 7 years he's been in office! That's a Democrat for you....caring so much about the poor and families trying to make ends meet! Wonder if he thinks about such families while he's rubbing elbows at his expensive cocktail parties, while being driven around in his limousines, while stomping all over his constituents, and anxiously awaiting his next big check presentation or ribbon cutting ceremony?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Good question anon:44.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• "I'm just wondering why anyone would depend on the a state's budget."

Maybe because the state is their source of employment, therefore income? Maybe because they don't want their taxes raised to cover the budget shortfalls? Maybe because they are worried that vital services will be cut or discontinued b/c of budget constraints? Shall I go on?

And to the OP: Yes, I'm annoyed. I live in PA, too, and no, I didn't vote for Rendell and would never vote for that *bleeeeeep*.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'm just wondering why anyone would depend on the a state's budget.

One of the big problems is government supported daycare centers. The daycares cannot stay open if they do not funding, so people have no place to put their kids, therefor they can not work. I am in Pennsylvania too and it is on the news everyday, I feel really bad for the parents and kids. I just don't understand why they are having so much trouble passing this budget.

Ed Rendell is a moron, I did vote for him though, so I guess I can't complain too much.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I wasn't living here when they voted him in so I had nothing to do with it but I have to wonder how the same morons keep getting elected.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2009