interview

I have a 9.oo interview. Shall mention i am going away for a week in Nov? and a long weekend Columbus day ,,or wait ,,,,,,,,,,,If i get hired mention it then?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Nope. Bring these up when they make you an offer.

I would offer to help you with interview prep, but I have an early meeting and will be leaving the house in about 45 minutes.

Go to your interview prepared with thoughtful questions: What is your management style? What are the top three challenges for the person moving into this position? Describe the ideal person for this position? Try to apply the answers to your background and experience.

As soon as you get home, write and mail a handwritten thank you note.

Good luck!!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Absolutely bring it up when your receive an offer of employment. If you accept an offer without having clarified these plans - then you may be expected to cancel or rearrange your plans to accommodate the employer. Don't be nervous about it - it's just part of your negotiations - and it's a fair negotiation to make.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:43 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I had that happen once. I went for the interview and completely brained on telling them about my upcoming vacation. As soon as I realized I forgot to tell them I called. They still offered me the position. I wouldn't think most employers would have an issue with this but I could be wrong.
    nurbabe82

Answer by nurbabe82 at 7:22 PM on Sep. 4, 2009