anyone ever/take accutane?

it is a acne treament. yesterday I was at the doctor for my son when the doctor approched me about my acne. He told me he would prescribe me acccutane. I don't think it is that bad!! anyways anyone use it,can you tell me about it? I was reading the reviews and that scared me from taking it.. they have horrible side effects.

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 6:51 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I let some dumb ass dermatologist talk me into it for my son. It is to treat severe acne. He had what is called nodular acne. It is the kind that makes those pock mark scars on your skin. That type of acne comes from within, not because you don't wash, or you eat greasy foods etc. Not normal teen acne. Anyway, he took it and about 2 weeks in started having awful nose bleeds...a known side effect. We took his butt off! Found a new doc who told us that nodular acne can be treated just as well, without Accutane. He gave him an anti-biotic called Clindamycin, and then two topical treatments, Benzeclean Gell, and shoot, cant remember the other cream. It worked like magic! He told us he would eventually grow out of it, and around 19 he did. His skin is wonderful with no scars. It kept his face clear so he didn't look gross,or get made fun of. PM me if you want more info.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:49 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I took it as a teenager and I had no problems with it at all. The only thing they stressed to me was to not get pregnant, if you do the child could be very deformed. I loved it. They tried some other stuff too and if I had to do over again I'd go straight to the accutane. Cleared up my acne shortly after I started it and haven't had a real problem with acne since.
    Rae-Rae05

Answer by Rae-Rae05 at 8:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2009