Why do they put so much pullout ads in the magazines?

I have to sit down and pull all this paper out so I can turn the pages. Its very anonnying to me. How about you? I have a stack of stuff to throw away before I can even start to read the magazine! Urmp!

JustCarol

Asked by JustCarol at 7:59 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Printing is expensive. Shipping heavy items like magazines is expensive. Advertising funds magazines. If it weren't for the ads, they'd be much more expensive. Compare the subscription prices of a magazine with no outside ads (Consumer Reports) with a similar ad-funded magazine. Advertising pays for more than half the cost of your magazine.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:15 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I read some place that each one of those cost like a penny to produce and it's worth spending that money because they end up actually getting a ton of people to sign up for things that way. It's cheap advertisement- annoying, but cheap.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:04 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Those stupid ads are the reason I don't subsribe to any magazines. I feel like half the price of the magazine goes to those ads, and who wants to buy ads?? By the time you pull them out, the magazine is so small, I feel jipped.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:10 AM on Sep. 4, 2009