I posted i need to vent yesterday, if you answered read this!

I wanna thank you all for you help and understanding. I put a humidifier in his room and the noise really helped. He only woke once in 9 hours to eat. Once this works for a few days i'll stop rocking him and try to get him to self soothe himself to sleep. Even if it means i'll have to hear him cry for longer than i like. But thanks for all the help!!

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 8:12 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I DIDN'T READ YOUR OTHER QUESTION, BUT WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO STOP ROCKING HIM TO SLEEP? FORGIVE ME FOR MEDDLING BUT I AM AN OLDER MOM, AND I ENJOYED THE ROCKING OF MY THREE KIDS SO MUCH I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO BE ABLE TO DO IT AGAIN. SOMEDAY SOON BEFORE YOU REALIZE IT YOU WILL FEEL THE SAME WAY, TAKE ADVNTAGE OF THE SHORT TIME YOU HAVE FOR THIS BONDING ACTIVITY, EVEN IF IT TAKES TIME AWAY FROM SOMETHING ELSE. THIS TIME WILL NEVER COME BACK AND IT IS SOO SHORT!

Answer by older at 8:18 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Oh, the magic of white noise!

hang in there, mine is not a baby but a toddler getting used to a big girl bed, so i am battling the stay in bad thing and she woke 4 times last night, before her recent escape she was sleeping all the way through the night for well over a year

lack of sleep for mom, I would dream about sleep if I was getting enough sleep for REM...lol
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 8:24 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• OLDER,
    i get no sleep cause my son screams if i am not holding him and i've been sleeping in a recliner. he is 8 months old and i do enjoy rocking him to sleep but the minute i put him down he has a fit. I've been doing this for months and i need to change cause i'm loseing my sanity. I severly needed sleep.
    kelka24

Answer by kelka24 at 9:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I am glad things are some better. My kids love white noise too. We do however have a favorite lullabye cd. It is called Sleep Baby Sleep by Nicholette Larson. You usually have to order it from a music store or online, but it is the best ever! All 5 of my kids loved it. The boys have it in their room, I put it on low and hit the repeat cd button and they fall asleep peacefully. Rocking your baby is a special moment over all too quickly, but reality is you need sleep too. You can find a happy medium. Glad you are feeling some better than yesterday. Letting him fuss it out a bit does not make you an ogre. Just a smart mom. Sleeping with your baby all the time is a rookie mistake, if you ever want to get sleep on your own.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'm glad something worked. I rocked my first baby and as much as I loved it, it went on way too long. At some point they really do need to learn to sleep without you doing something extra, otherwise you get no sleep.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 4, 2009