SINS REMOVED?

THIS IS A COMMENT FROM ANOTHER QUESTION REGARDING THE LITTLE PHRASE "LOVE THE SINNER HATE THE SIN" it is not about pointing out others faults but showing people the way to Chirst. We all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. What separates us is that some of us have our sins removed through the blood of Jesus and others that reject him have not.
I DON'T REJECT JESUS NEITHER DO A LOT OF HOMOSEXUALS I KNOW DOES THAT MAKE THEM SIN FREE? LADIES EXPLAIN THIS ONE TO ME.

Asked by older at 8:34 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • It just bothers me that Christians use this phrase and have no idea where it came from. They act like it's actually a verse in the Bible and it's not!

It's actually from St. Augustine. His letter 211 (c. 424) contains the phrase Cum dilectione hominum et odio vitiorum, which translates roughly as "With love for mankind and hatred of sins."

The phrase has become more famous expressed as "Love the sinner but hate the sin" or "Hate the sin and not the sinner" (the latter form appearing in  Gandhi's 1929 autobiography).

People use their Bible to validate their twisted ideas and hatred all the time- especially towards gays. Whether you are hating the person or hating the sin, you are STILL hating- which is WRONG. You should love people for who they. Do you have to accept their actions? No, but you should love them regardless.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:38 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• well all i have to say is hmm lol.. i dont know what to say to that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• ANON 9:04, YOUR ATTITUDE LEAVES A LOT TO BE DESIRED, IF I WASN'T LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER I WOULDN'T HAVE POSTED THE QUESTION.

Answer by older at 9:33 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• ''Do you have to accept their actions? No, but you should love them regardless.''

corinthians 13...''...love holds no record of wrongs..''. that pretty much says it for me. true, i won't deny sin as defined by God/or His inspired-word, but i hope i'm not guilty of conditional love. love doesn't mean ACCEPTING sin..but accepting that God loves those who sin as much as he loves me, who sins, also.and he will deal with them, as much as he deals with me. no man or woman is perfect. i don't like that phrase, either---it puts conditions on love, and there should be none. as if someone doesn't realize they might not be as perfect as Christ..come on!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Whether you embrace Christ and His teachings or not if you are actively doing something that's a sin, and knowingly doing so at that, you are not "Sin Free". Nobody is sin free, our sins are not "removed" in that sense, they are forgiven through Christ's blood. If you ask for forgiveness for doing something and you continue to do it, it's not forgiven because you weren't really sorry for having offended God in the first place. You can't sincerely be sorry for something and continue to do it anyway. (this is in regards to ALL sin)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• ANON 9:52, I UNDERSTAND YOUR EXPLANATION, BUT IN RELATION TO GAYS HOW CAN THEY BE SORRY FOR BEING THEMSELVES, HOW CAN THEY CONSIDER LEADING THE LIFESTYLE THEY KNOW IN THEIR HEARTS OF HEARTS IS WHO THEY ARE BE A SIN? REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS YOU MUST DO WHAT IS IN YOUR HEART, IF SOME CONSIDER IT A SIN BECAUSE THE BI BLE CALLS IT SO, ARE THEY TO DENY THEMSELVES TO MAKE THOSE PEOPLE THAT BELEIVE THE BIBLE WORD FOR WORD HAPPY?

Answer by older at 9:59 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It's not the people who believe the Bible word for word that they would be making happy as you put it, it's God. I'm not one of those people anyway. I'm Catholic and I personally don't believe that "being" gay is a sin, but acting out on that, as I've heard it referred to, is. I know you don't agree with that, and you don't have to, but that's my belief. I don't make it a point to go around telling people who are gay that they are sinning though or that they are going to Hell or anything like that. It's not my place to tell people that sort of thing about anything they are doing and I think people who do, even if it IS spelled out clearly in the Bible are pretty presumptuous because we can't possibly know exactly how God really feels about the things people do and what He plans to do about it if anything. (The Catholic Church believes that homosexuals are who they are but that they called to chastity.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Not rejecting Jesus would also entail not rejecting his commands. When we confess our sins, we are sorry for out sins, and we stop doing the sin. Thinking about doing the sin is sin too. You can stop sinning in your thoughts. You might say that it would be a horrible life to give up a sin like homosexuality, but what you don't realize is that you sometimes can't see and understand what the blessing is until you have gotten past the sin. And there is so much blessing and joy when giving up sin. And, think of the love one must have for the Lord when they obey. Think of how much love one has for the Lord when they give up doing something that we are commanded not to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I grew up in a very religious home. I, of course, sinned. But I had a very strong concience and was basically a decent person. And, I was probably a little more concientious than the average person, more concientious of not wanting to sin. But, you see, that is what kept me from being close to the Lord. Because when I would sin, I would always have a good excuse why my sin was justified. For instance, when I would get mad at my mom, my excuse was that it was her fault for getting me so upset in the first place. I'd say sorry, then go on to do it again and again. Another example, I had a boyfriend I loved. We lived together and had sex together, but we weren't married. My excuse for that sin is that I loved him and really thought we would be together forever. But, when I really excepted that my sins were sin, and realized those sins should be stopped, that is when my life started changing with blessings through Jesus
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• ANONS I CANNOT BELEIVE THAT THE ALMIGHTY GOD WOULD STILL IN THIS DAY AND AGE CONSIDER BEING TRUE TO YOURSELF A SIN. IN THE BIBLE IT SAYS TO REPENT YOUR SINS, BYT WHEN GAYS REALIZE THEY WERE BORN THIS WAY AND THERE IS NO CHANGING HOW CAN THEY BELEIVE THEY ARE SINNING. HOW CAN SOMETHING THAT S MUCH A PART OF THEM AS BREATHING BE CONSIDERED A SIN? DENYING ONESELF OF WHO WE ARE HAS TO BE A SIN TOO. IT IS NOT A MATTER OF SEXUAL PLEASURE IT IS A MATTER OF BEING FREE TO LOVE WHO YOU LOVE AND NOT BE CHASTISED FOR DOING SO. SEX COMES AS PART OF THAT LOVE, AN EXPRESSION OF IT IF YOU WILL. LIKE IN ANY OTHER "NORMAL RELATIONSHIP"

Answer by older at 10:40 AM on Sep. 4, 2009