Do you think that given the opportunity, most men would cheat?

Given the fact they would never get caught, do you think the guilt would be enough to stop them, or do you think most men would cheat if they had the chance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• No, I dont think that at all. There are men in this world, contrary to the beliefs of feminists and man haters, that are moral, upright, full of character, integrity and love their wives with all their hearts and would never do anything to hurt them. All men (well people in general) are tempted, but temptation is a normal part of life. Its what you do with it that counts. I know many men, that have resisted temptation in this area, even when they had the chance. Not all men are pigs.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:29 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• no. I know several men who wouldn't cheat and they have been given the opportunity.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:29 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Every person on this planet has the potential to cheat, it's not just exclusive to men
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:29 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Good answers, I agree. It's not just men who cheat, it's women too. There are good men and women out there who would never cheat and I guess the others are the ones who give those good men and women bad names because we will be compared to cheaters.
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 9:32 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I don't think the ability to cheat guilt-free (with knowing you wouldn't be caught) is a gender specific trait.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I think there are those that would take the chance and those that would not, due to the guilt. And I don't think the guilt is something that their current gal has told them they'd have, but rather something deep-seeded from a very long time ago.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:44 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Some would in that circumstance. But there are guys out there that are loyal to their spouses.

Answer by louise2 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• No. Not all men are pigs like many women on here would like all to believe. Women cheat as much as men so the man bashing about this topic is ridiculous. That sucks so many have been with losers. Seems you should look within yourself and figure out why you are attracted to losers that cannot commit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My husband and I both have opportunities to cheat with co-workers and old friends, but we trust each other. He cheated on me in highschool and a friend called me 5 minutes after it happened to let me know, he told me a week later and was shocked when I said I already knew. We live in a large but small town and have eyes everywhere and thanks to nosey people I have nothing to worry about. Last month my husband went to lunch with his sister to discuss her financial problems and I received a message on my facebook letting me know he went to lunch with another chick. Same thing with me going to lunch with my cousin. Its crazy how nosey people can be, but thankful for it in the same sense.

So, no not everyone will act on an opportunity. Vows and commitment actually mean something to people these days.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 10:47 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It's not about the act of cheating, the gender of the person, or whether or not they can get away with it, it's about the person and their character.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 10:51 AM on Sep. 4, 2009