I need help with my dog!

We're in the process of moving and she keeps pooping on the dang floor! She NEVER has accidents unless it's a diarrhea kind of accident and i know she couldn't hold it. But, these are solid poops. I think she's mad at us or something for packing everything up. It's really starting to piss me off, she's normally such a good dog and we leave her out of her crate when we're gone, but now she's going back in like she's a puppy! We're never gone long, maybe an hour or two at most. grrrr I just don't know what to do!

bethany_smith

Asked by bethany_smith at 9:29 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pets

• Do exactly what you're doing. Crate her when you're gone. But don't even say things like "Okay, that's it, you're going in the crate"....because that'll be said in an angry tone. Just make it routine..."okay, kennel in". She's seeing alot of changes if there are boxes, etc around and this is stressful for her. That's all.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:46 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• haha she may be mad at you. this may sound crazy but my moms cats are spiteful like that if she pisses them off
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• regressing! its normal.. and very common. they dog is upset about something.. maybe the dog thinks ur leaving them behind..i dont know what to tell u other then when u settle back down the dog will get back into the routine of goin outside
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Every time we move my dog does the same thing. Usually when we move I have to leave him in his crate. And gradually let him out to get use to the new place. It works for me.

Answer by louise2 at 9:43 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I had two labs that did it to me. When I got married and a new home, we were so excited! We came home on day 2 and they had chewed up the new couch, pooped on the floor in 3 rooms and ate up a photo frame (wedding gift) Ahhhhh, I was pissed! But, never happened again, they were just making a point I guess. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• well when ur dog chews up something dont yell at the dog or hit the dog... u yell and beat up the stuff he chewed up for some reason the dog hates that more lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• When we got a new kitten and fed her separately in the bathroom, the older cat pooped on the kitchen rug. After a few times we got the message and just fed them all together. The kitten loved the adult food, and the adult cat wanted the kitten food. But no more "accidents."

Answer by Bmat at 9:46 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• pooping is a sing she is up set most dogs when thgey r mad or scares will poop or pee where they r not suppose to i would crate her while ur gone just to avoid this problem or if u can take her with u but dont leave her alone in the car, when i moved to my parents my dog peed in the house once and hes 5 i just yelled at him like when we had r own house just to ket him know just b/c we moved doesnt mean the rules have changed
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:58 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• its normal for them to regress when a strange event is happening the best thing to do is make sure that you are comforting her as much as you can and like rain mommy its probably best to crate for a while when gone because it will show them that they are not allowed to do that my dog has done the same thing she is now getting better
    but it does take time ....
    they do need alot of comforting because they know somethings up but they need to know that just cause your moving does not mean they are being left forever
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2009