Is it common to have heartburn even at 13 weeks?

I am a little over 13 weeks pregnant with my 2nd and for the past few days I have been having awful heartburn. I remember having it with DD but not until MUCH later into the end of the pregnancy. Is anyone else experincing this at such an early time or have in the past?

Cassidysmom611

Asked by Cassidysmom611 at 9:29 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its normal i had it the whole time i was pregnant with my dd and my ds
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I had bad heartburn the entire time with both pregnancies! I'm not sure how far long I was, but my doctor wrote me a script for..total brain fart!! I can't remember what it was called!! Some medication for it! lol Tums were also my best friend :-) Keep stocked up. Buy a ton when they are on sale. That was one of the WORST parts of being pregnant for me!
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 9:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i have had horrible heartburn with this pregnancy since like 10 weeks. I would say it is normal.
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 9:40 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I had it my entire pregnancy with DS.
    KATEISME

Answer by KATEISME at 9:57 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It is normal, later in the pregnancy, it has to do with the baby pushing up on the stomach, but earlier on, it has to do with hormones.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I had it my whole pregnancy from the time I peed on the stick till I gave birth. I'd even get heartburn from drinking water. I lived off Tums with minimal relief. Drinking diluted apple cider vinegar or eating a pickle after I ate something really reduced my heartburn.

My ob said sometimes your prenatal vitamins can intensify heartburn.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 10:36 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Aloe will help to get rid of the heartburn. It does not have to be normal. I had heartburn in the first few months until I came across Aloe, you drink it, it cleared up the heartburn quickly! It's not that expensive either.
    BrinaLea

Answer by BrinaLea at 11:17 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i had it the whole pregnacy with both my kids
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:40 AM on Sep. 4, 2009