how long is long enough? :o(

my baby is 1yr and 9 months and when he takes his nap during the day it is usually 2 to 3 hrs and on sick days or days when we play a lot in the morning he will sleep up to 4hrs.... my mom says his naps are to long.. sometimes i feel the same but i read on a website that its good .. hes a growing kid and he needs hes sleep so he wont be cranky and he would be less likely to have tantrums ... is this good or should i be making his naps shorter?!?

yunque000

Asked by yunque000 at 10:02 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son always slept 3 hours at that age. I think if it isn't effecting his night time sleep then what's the harm? He must be tired and his lil body is growing!
    Michelle2080

Answer by Michelle2080 at 10:04 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• As long as it is not interfering with his bed time( not going to sleep at night). I think it is ok.

Answer by louise2 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I let all 3 of my boys sleep for as long as they needed to during nap time. It was usually between 2 to 4hrs.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Heck no! Let HIM make his sleep schedule. What happens when you don't get the amount of sleep you need? You're cranky and tired and feel like poo. Well, same goes for kids! Tell your mom to stuff it! LOL JK Be polite, but do tell her that his dr said it is fine and normal, and she doesn't need to concern herself with it.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• awh... I wish... I wouldn't worry - he's doing what his body needs.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Let them sleep. Espcially if sick! My daughter sleep for 3 hours when she was 1. NOw she's down to about 2 hours (she's 2 now)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Sleep is so good for toddlers, it helps their brain develp, tell Mom to mind her own business, and let the kiddo sleep!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• If you wake him up before he's had enough nap you will have a cranky monster baby on your hands. Let sleeping babies lie.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 11:01 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My youngest just turned 3 last month, and he still naps for 2 hours a day, and if he's sick or worn out, sometimes it's 3 hours. I think that some kids just need more sleep than others, and if your little one needs that much sleep to not be cranky, then let him sleep! Like another mom mentioned, though, if he doesn't want to go to sleep at a reasonable time at night, you might want to consider waking him up a little earlier.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 11:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My Dd at times will take 2.5 hour naps and not get up until 4 and then go to bed at 7. She is almost 2. If he is getting to bed and is asleep at what you consider a reasonable time then he is not getting 'too much' sleep. at that age I don't think they can sleep too much. If they aren't tired they don't sleep.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2009