Mom's on Medicaid

Did you or do you have to see a certain doctor(s) when on Medicaid ?? THat is my worry if I have I will see another doctor but if I CAN keep who we have now I would prefer that . We just need health insurance since I am pregnant and also have a 2.5 year old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Health

• I was on medicaid only when pregnancy because my private health insurance didn't cover anything for pregnancies. They have a list of doctors that took medicaid. You should be able to check your DHH website and find a list of doctors. My regular obgyn took medicaid as well as my private, so I got lucky on that one but I know many people who have had to choose a new doctor while pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I see my family doctor that I have for the last 20+ years and my son sees his pediatrician that he has seen since he was 1. Medicaid has HMO's and you get a list of doctors accepting Medicaid and new patients and chose from those. Call your doctor and see if they accept the insurance. OB's are hard to find that accept Medicaid, atleast in my area.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• There are certain drs you can see, if they one you are seein now is on that list you can keep seeing him/her. So - yes there is a list of certain drs you have to see, you get to pick which one off the list. In tx you also had to make sure that in the "Plan" you picked the hospital you wanted was covered. That may have just been for the big city areas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• its the same here in pa they give u a list of drs they cover most drs in my areas r covered so when i ended up getting the card my dr was on it already luckly here its finding a dentist to takes the card thats the hard part...u have to drive 3.5 hrs away to get to a dentist that will take the card so yeah me and my dd doent see a dentist luckly we both have really good teeth
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:02 AM on Sep. 4, 2009