How do I get him to know how to pee?

My son will be 2 in Nov. He's never been one to be naked - he knows the feeling when he has to poop, but I don't think he knows he pee's. He see's us pee and we tell him about it but he has ZERO interest in the potty and after naps and in the AM he wakes up SO Crabby everyday so taking him to the potty first thing really isn't an option! believe me!!! My husband is somewhat hesitant about having him Pee all over the house ( he's anal about clean area's - thanks MOM in LAW! ) so I do I teach him to pee?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• It is TOOOO early, I know there are people who have kiddos potty trained before they can walk, but in my experience he should be about 6 months older, I put cheerios in the potty and had my DS try to hit them, he loved the game! Number 2 is easier, when I changed his diaper I told him when you feel like you have to poo-poo tell mommy and you get some M&Ms for going on the potty. I never used a potty chair, just a step stool to the regular toilet, don't stress! I have yet to meet a high school graduate who is not potty trained-- LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:03 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Keep putting him on the potty. Read to him or play games with him while he sits there. I actually gave my son rewards for a week or so, just for sitting on the potty! My second born LOVES to sit on the potty, but he did NOTHING for 4 months!!!! We just kept talking about it and putting him on. When he finally went in the toilet we were SO excited! It only took a couple more days for him to figure it out. He now goes potty regulary and often tells us he needs to go (we do have accidents and wet pants still).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:46 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I think he's too young. Like the previous person said, there are people who do it, but I don't know how. I put my son on the potty about that same age, and I just got the potty out for my daughter this week because she was messing with the real toilet (she's 21 months) but both of them have done the exact same thing, they sit on the potty, get up, sit down, stand in it, run off naked, play with it, sit on it, etc. etc. and either never pee in it, or pee on the floor. My daughter hasn't peed at all yet, my son would run off and pee on the floor every time, so I had to put the potty away. They love to take of their clothes and sit on it, but how you actually get them to pee in it at that age is beyond me. I ended up waiting until my son was almost 3 and had him basically trained in a week (he had a lot of accidents, but really got the idea after about 1 week)
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I had 5 boys!! 29,28,26,22,4!!!!
    For my last son, I bought him a book with pictures
    of a little boy going to the potty and his cat is in the bathroom
    with him!! I got it from walmart.
    ladycherise

Answer by ladycherise at 12:16 PM on Sep. 4, 2009