Why did she start doing this all of a sudden?

My daughter's been potty trained for about 5 months now. Recently she's been sitting on her bed and peeing on it! She does it on purpose. She doesn't do it every time she has to pee, but most times. Is she just too lazy sometimes to go to the potty? And why on her bed only? She'll be 3 in October.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hey Mom, she is getting a response!! I don't know if she loves baths, but my DS pulled this a couple of times, because umm automatic bath! I started just wiping him off with baby wipes and made him help me change the bed clothes, I never yelled at him, but I did inform him the next time, no zoo, no sucker whatever!! It seemed to do the trick, now if you have any ideas for helping me to get him not to pee outside that would be welcome-- LOL
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I don't know why, but I would make her strip the bed and put the sheets in the laundry room or washing machine. She can then help you make the bed. Don't help her take the sheets off, just talk her through it. Remind her, as she cries and complains, that when she wets her bed she has to clean it up. I would imagine she would soon quit! (My son has to undress himself and clean up when he wets).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:42 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Reward her with stickers when she goes potty in the toilet. Maybe she was starting to feel it wasn't a big deal anymore. Also look at what happens after she pees on her bed what do you normally do? What is she doing when she pees? I mean is she watching tv? She could be too intuned with what she watching.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 4, 2009