Does anyone know the laws re: change of address w/ non custodial parent?

My kids dad & I split about 3 months ago I have full custody he spends every other weekend w/ them. He refuses to tell me where he is living. Is there anything I can do? We haven't filed for divorce yet b/c I'm now pregnant & planning on staying on his ins. We have no legal documentation of custody arrangements.

littlemama753

Asked by littlemama753 at 10:51 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Are you saying you want his mail to stop coming to your house? If so just keep writing moved and black out your address and drop back in the mail. If you're talking about wanting his address then have your attorney get it. Court documents have to show the address of both people.

baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:59 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• get everything in writing & yes you have a right to know where he lives.
    if you have no court papers saying you have full custody then you don't he could leave the state right now & there is nothing you could do because you have nothing in writing & stamped by a judge.
    please for your sake get something in writing at least on the custody agreement-even if its just something you & him wrote up the notarized. then take that to a judge & get it stamped as an agreed oder
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:35 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• If you don't have any formal custody agreement, then you don't have a legal right to know where he lives. I'm not sure that you can even get a custody agreement without a legal separation.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• yes I got my custody papers before the divorce & although we didn't live together anymore there was no legal separation. If you want his address go down & file the papers to have child support taken out of his checks & file a motion requesting his address/phone # then hand him the motion.
    and yes you can receive child support before divorce or custody.. I know because i've been there done that.. i received child support as soon as I moved out from living with him.
    talk to a lawyer most will give a free consolation.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2009