Signs of a controlling relationship?

Does anybody know any signs of a controlling relationship? Not for the person in the relationship, but signs that an outside 3rd party should look for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Isolating you from friends and family
    Discouraging you from pursuing outside interests
    Perpetually blaming you for their own actions (anger, cheating, yelling, etc.)
    Embarrassing you in public
    Constantly discounting your feelings
    Cycling through mean and nice streaks

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:05 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• http://www.homestudycredit.com/courses/contentCR/secCR16.html

hope this helps!
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 11:04 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• oh man i am wondering this about my own SO... just yesterday he told me to "stop bringing other ppl into our relationship or we won't have a relationship"
    and this is over telling a few close ppl that i'm pregnant. cus he hasn't told anyone yet (i'm 16 wks)
    It's really been bothering me.... :(

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Anon 11:08... I think your SO is right about bringing other people into your relationship. So many young couples fail because they let outsiders into their two party relationship. It's one thing to vent and to share good news (if you two have agreed to share it) but when one person is taking queues from outsiders on how to handle the other person, that can spell disaster. That alone I wouldn't say is controlling. The post above yours describes what controlling behavior is. You may not see them all but two consecutive and constant attributes spells controlling... :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2009