probably normal but i'm justing wondering..?

I'm 36 weeks and I keep waking up and my stomach is very tight and hard at the time and I massage it and it doesn't go away but then after a little while it goes away and comes back. I'm severely nauseated 24/7 and vomiting up mostly everything I eat (I know that could be for a number of reasons) but could the tightness/hardness of my belly be contractions? It doesn't really hurt but it makes it hard to sit up or bend over and I'm a little crampy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its most likely BH but if you are vomiting, you are probably dehydrated which can cause contractions. If you are literally throwing up everything you eat, I would got get checked out to make sure you arent too dehydrated
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:08 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• OP here - Yeah, I'm vomiting up EVERYTHING, even water...I drink a small glass of water slowly and about 5 minutes later I'm nauseated and then I start vomiting. I have even been throwing up when there's like nothing left in my stomach. I keep vomiting stomach acid and mucous...it's like my body is trying to completely clean itself out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• it does sound like BH to me. Now, i have heard some woman say that a week or 2 before delivery they start throwing up or have diarrhea. Its like your body is trying to clean itself out and getting ready for delivery. I would call your doc and see if he can give you Phenergan/Zofran for the vomiting. Without Zofran i cant keep anything down either, and you definitely don't want to get dehydrated!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• OP - Okay, thanks anonymous. I'm going to the doc today to have my gall bladder checked out so I will ask about the Zofran. Maybe I can feel halfway decent for the last few weeks now (:
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I had gall stones during my first pregnancy and that doesnt sound like gall bladder problems at all.

Zofran never worked for me and if you are throwing up the water, you will most likely need fluids. If you are dehydrated then you can start contracting from that alone
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2009