Should we try for # 3 already?

Okay, I'm a proud mommy to a 23mo and 9mo girls, and wife to an airman. Well soon to be airman he leaves for basic in Dec. We've been wanting a boy since we got married, and my DH wants to ttc before he leaves for basic. My body feels ready. To be honest it's craving a baby in there! I can handle my girls now cause at first it was chaos, but they're getting into a schedule. Do any moms out there have three so close together? Do you have any regrets about not waiting? How hard is it to be pregnant with two toddlers? We've pretty much reached a decision but I'd appreciate your input.

JenniP0708270

Asked by JenniP0708270 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would say that even though you feel that your body is ready, you should still give it more time to heal. But all in all it's your choice. How are you going to feel having to do everything without dh there??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I haven't done it but I know people who have. Do you have anyone around who can help? I have one friend who at one time had a 2 1/2 year old, an 18 month old, and a newborn. It was really hard for her for a while and I was helping her once a week. But now her kids are 8, 7, and 5 1/2 (and 2 1/2) and they play really well together. Another family I know has 12 children (there are a lot of very large families in the church I go to) they are all about 18 months apart up to the last 3 when their fertiitly slowed down. The children in that family are all very close to one another and like best friend. So from my observation, it's hard when they are very young and it's good to have people around who can help. But as they get older they play well together and are good friends. I'm sure not always, but in these families it worked that way.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Congrat's on your family already! Whoo hoo... Good For you! Now you sound like super woman! But you have a lot ot handle! What if this is A difficult pregnancy? What if you're bed ridden! Not to scare you! I wouldn't hurt you for nothing! But just pointing things out! How do you know you'll get A boy? My DD is 25. Due any Day. Her baby was 'spose to be here.. She has A preemie boy that's 4 & a 18 mos. old Boy. Hopefully this is A girl! But I never had Boys! My MIL only had 5 sons & A god friend of mine only had 5 girls! I don't know of a real gaurantee. I wish you the Best. But Think, you have 2 Sweeties now! Enjoy them. Give yourself some time to rest up. Recover and just let them have their own time with you! My first born DD hoped to be an only child! She only loved her private time with me. But the choice is best with you & your DH! I wish you the best in what ever you chose! What A Great Family already!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I know you said you and your husband have reached your decision and i'm sure you sat down and looked at all angles. But I have to agree with some of the previous moms. My dh and i conceived when my youngest dd was 19mths old. We lost that baby when i was 9wks along. That was in Dec of 08. we started Trying right away. and conceived not util April 09, four months later. I am due with Daughter #3 Jan 25th I too was trying for a boy. I charted and calculated for months. I guess my point is as some of the others have said. There is no gaurantee. Take time with your little girls!!! Again it is totally up to you.
    blrusso

Answer by blrusso at 8:32 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Thanks for your input, ladies! By the way, I know we're not guaranteed a boy but that doesn't mean we don't really want one! LOL
    JenniP0708270

Answer by JenniP0708270 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2009