Alzheimer's

My Great Grandmother died from Alzheimer's disease, and now my Grandmother has it. I was wondering if there was something I can do now at a young age to maybe decrease my chances of getting it when I'm older. I am scared to death of losing my mind:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Health

• My mother had this and her doctor was suggesting taking Vit E, proper diet, exercise, doing things to keep the brain stimulated, limit if you can no alcohol, smoking, drugs, other than those prescribed by the doctor.

He was saying neglecting the body, may be the cause behind it, but was not sure as research is still on going.

He had also said research is saying it can skip generations. On her side of the family, 2 of her Sisters also suffered with it before they passed away. 

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 4, 2009