Can you give me some sugestions for a baby's first birthday???

My son's birthday is on a christmas day, so I need some ideas on what to do?
what did you do for your baby's 1st Bday? (where was it? theme? guests?)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• for all my girls we had a family BBQ in the backyard.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:31 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• WELL I KNOW EVERY 1 SAYS GO ALL OUT FOR THERE 1ST BDAY BUT Y ? YES IT THERE 1T BDAY BUT THEY WILL NEVER REMEBER SAVE A LITTLE MONEY AND PUT MORE INTO HER C-MAS AND WHEN SHE A LITTLE OLDER AND CAN UNDERSTAND GO ALL OUT FOR HER. SO I WOULD JUT HAVE A SMPLE LITTLE BDAY WITH CAKE AND ICE CREAM AND PRESENTS . BUT THATS JUST ME!
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Well my best suggestion is to very clearly diferentiate (sp LOL) between her bday and Christmas...
    Do something that she likes. She wont totally understand or enjoy it, but it is so much fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My son will be one next week, and we're not going all out. We are having a "rubber ducky" them, easy and cheap. Yellow and blue balloons and tableware, a few duckies here and there, voila! We are having it start at 2:30 p.m. so we don't have to provide either lunch or dinner, just higher end snacks and cake. His actual birthday is 9-11, we will have a samll celebration that day, family party a week later. I would suggest the same for you, a Christmas birthday party might be tough. Have the party a week later, maybe December 30th, and have a "One Year, New Year" theme. Depending on what time baby was born, have a countdown to her birthday (10....1, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!), have party hats and streamers, and non-alcoholic champange so even he could have some. Your invitation would be so easy, take a picture of your son in a diaper and party hat and put it on the outside of a half-fold card and put all the details inside. GL!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 12:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Keep it small. Big parties tend to overstimulate and then no one is having fun. Chances are the birthday boy/girl isn't going to remember it anyway so save the hoopla for when they are older. We kept my kids first to family only as far as the guest list. And don't schedule the party where it disrupts nap time. Other than that I really have no suggestions. Pizza party?? Pot luck?? I would say BBQ, but in Dec.maybe not. Have fun!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:53 PM on Sep. 4, 2009