Has anyone ever included in divorce proceedings payment to the wife of time spent driving kids to doctors and time in doctors visits and standing in line for medicines, time shopping? I'm wondering if

a divorcing wife can collect as backpay her time spent on her job as a homemaker at least time wtih the kids? I mean think about it... as a homemaker for thirty years with a kid still in public school and older kids I have not been paid for my time of my job transporting kids around. Sitting doing homework with them. After school care or tutors, we've had a tutor, cost plenty and that tutor was me and I did after school care too and other things with my kids and never received payment that would have, without me or if i had a job, would have been paid for that and other things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that you would be wrong to even pursue such a thing. These are your children not kids you tutored. If something required you to do more then to bad. That is part of being a parent. So for all these years you had no problem being these kids parent, but now that a divorce is in you want to be paid for it. How sick is that? I think it is wrong and I don't agree at all for it. You're making yourself sound like a bad person, which I hope you aren't. Being a mother sometimes requires you to either do simple things forever or it demands your time. I would never ask for money for the extra time I had to spend with my child. I am grateful for being able to be the one doing things with my daughter. My duaghters father pays child support and I don't touch it. i put it in a bank. I don't want his money for myself. I don't need his help. But I am also independent
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Never heard of what you are asking for..

You will get alimony if married all those years depending on your state..
    In the state I am from you would get permanent alimony if married 30 years..

How about getting a job now and standing on your own feet...
    It will most likely make you feel good!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:43 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• No, but there is alimony and child support - plus generally at least half of everything in separation of property. I think overall that's usually pretty fair. I mean, your dh did go to work everyday to make the money to support you so you could stay home.

Answer by missanc at 11:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Your a mom.. That's what you wanted to do.. Some man shouldn't pay you because YOU WANTED to stay at home with your children ... Quit trying to get every penny you can from him and MOVE ON!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• hi anon 1059 I'm op. Thanks for your thoughts. I'm posting here anon cause I am thinking of going and talking to a lawyer about. I want to be anony to friends who know my kids and family here.

Funny you're so adament and strong yet don't have the nerve to post your screen name. If you'd said that with your screen name your response would make sense. Shut up and move on yourself or stand on your own feet and put your name where your mouth is.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I am a stay at home mom and am not afraid to put my name behind this. I WANTED to stay home with my children. I love my children ... most of the time ... and my children have developmental and health problems so I have spent more than my fair share of days in clinics, doctors offices and hospitals with them. BUT in NO way do I feel I should get paid for being a MOM, that's my job and the rewards of seeing my children progress and grow up is payment enough for ME!
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 12:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Hi suzyb1980 I appreciate your words and thoughts and everyone else's too, those with screen names even harsh!!!!

Sorry I didn't say more - I'm not in my opinon after his money for revenge, that's the word I've been looking for. Not at all. He has a history of not paying bills and having shutoffs even while he's on business trips. And i did contribute to us before any kids with my own savings earned before marriage that we thought we could continue to add to after marriage.

After marriage we agreed like I honored him and helped in also in school with support and that dream that he'd honor me and earn money for our family while I helped us save money and stay home with kids doing our childcare and before after school care etc. Turns out there's no money saved like he claimed.

Don't be stupid like me mommies and trust a man without proof. Thank you for your thoughts!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• That's why you get alimony. It covers all of that

Answer by admckenzie at 12:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2009