Bananas?

I just gave my daughter bananas yesterday for the first time and she seems to be really gassy but I don't know if it's from the bananas or this new medicine that she's on for reflux. Has anyone else had problems with giving their baby bananas (or fruits in general, apples seemed to make her gassy too) and if you did, did it get better the more you fed it to them? I also gave her sweet potatoes too so I don't know if it was because I gave her two different foods in one day...sweet potatoes haven't seemed to make her gassy at all...

AutumnsMom31309

Asked by AutumnsMom31309 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Bananas shouldn't make her gassy, they are actually binding at times and make it harder for them to poop. Might be combination of 2 different froods.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 12:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• When introducing new foods to babies it is best to do them one at a time. If you do more then one at once and they have an allergic reaction then you dont know which one it was.
    Smixxy_jmm

Answer by Smixxy_jmm at 12:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• You shouldn't introduce a new food at the same time as a new medication!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• She's been eating the sweet potatoes for a couple of weeks so they weren't really new...

maybe I'll cut out the bananas and see if she's still gassy since I started the new meds (didn't even think about starting the two at the same time>.< oops)
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• my son used to get gassy all the time when he was younger, it was like everything would do it to him, but it wasnt until i found Infants' Mylicon gas relief it has no dye and can be used for babys under 24 months. it worked wonders on his gassy butt. you can find it at wal-mart in the ile that you get baby nipples and what not. it works, I still use it.
    arttiger86

Answer by arttiger86 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2009