What do you expect when dining out in a fine dining restaurant?

If you go out for a special occasion. What do expect? The restroom is messy, tp holder open and hanging on the floor? A special booth promised you set up? But its not. Even though there is no one in the place. Its a slow Sunday. You're not seen or greeted and have to look to be greeted. You're sat just any where. At a small booth. When you order A beer. You get it in a bottle with no mention or offer for a glass. A 6 oz. NY strip is $25.00. It comes with Nothing! Not even a Roll. When you asked about sides. He explains they're seperate. This is an ala carte price. You inquire on the sides and he says read them in your menu. No detailed suggestive knowledgable selling or helpfulness. The potaotes come cold. Like I mentioned we're the only ones in there. My steak had a line of grizzle and was'nt good! I worked in Fine dining. I loved to make Everyone's experience perfect no matter what! Want to share your story? Thank you!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 11:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• THAT is not fine dining. I would have complained to the management. Better yet, I would have walked out earlier in the evening.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Now you know why no one was there.
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Yeah, i would have complained, then left. I worked in a fine-dining restaurant and not only were we expected to be completely knowledgable on the entire menu, bread was served in the beginning, there was a salad course that came with the entree, and the meal was finished with chocolate fondu and strawberries. I would never tell a guest to "read it in the menu" - that's ridiculous. If you haven't complained yet, i definitely would call them and let them know how displeased you were with their service. Any person who wants to run a restaurant should know HOW to do it in the first place.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 11:41 AM on Sep. 5, 2009