Breakfast,Lunch, and Dinner ideas for an 8 month old.

Baby food just DOES NOT fill up my daughter! Nor just a bottle!!

Any ideas for what i can make her for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

(and yes she'll still be getting her formula)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hmm, im trying to remember his food at 8 mnths, lol
    I'd say you could get some gerbers little graduate dinners, they usally fill my little guy up, and hes 14 months, they have all kinds to choose from, at lunch time i would usually get a varitity of fruits and veggies, and cut them up really small, that way he could have a choice too. At dinner we usually let him eat what we were eating, well the stuff he could eat. lol.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Whatever you're having.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My son is 9 months. He still has baby oatmeal or rice for breakfast along with some fruit, usually applesauce (regular applesauce, no sugar, sometimes Healthy Harvest flavors) because it's easy in the mornings. For lunch : whole wheat waffles (i use the frozen ones), fresh or frozen veggies steamed and cut up, Yobaby yogurt, fresh fruit, whole wheat pasta (regular, or I keep frozen cheese ravioli that he loves, just boil it), small dices of cheese (i get the cubed cheese and then cut up the cubes), or sliced cheese melted on whole wheat toast. We've just started using some Gerber graduates for variety, and practice picking pieces up - we like the pasta pick ups and I get them when they're on sale. For supper, he has whatever we're having, cut up.

Answer by missanc at 1:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Try to feed them whatever you're having if it's something that they won't choke on and is nutritious. Some other ideas:
    scrambled egg yolks, green beans (not pureed), black beans, cottage cheese, bananas cut up, pasta, baked potato, mashed potatoes, pieces of cheese, peas (we use the frozen kind), frozen whole wheat waffles, avocado, peaches.

I hope some of these help- I know it's frustrating. Just don't be afraid to try new things, and offer her things from your plate whenever possible. Good luck!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• my son was the same way. We did yogurt, cottage cheese, lots of bread, anything we were eating that could be chopped or smooshed, bananas (at nine months he would eat a whole one for breakfast) cereal dry. We also took a lot of our veggies and microwaved them for about 2 min more and then used the back of a spoon to mush them down, they had more substance than babyfood, but were still really easy to eat.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2009