dcfs (child services) now go's by opinion not rules/regulations

ok someone called dcfs on me saying I had cat& dog poo everywhere & my kids are dirty.
I DON'T EVEN HAVE A DOG! I DO HAVE CATS, BUT KEEP MY KIDS & THE HOUSE VERY CLEAN.
she came when I was folding laundry & the house was clean YET SHE SAID I HAD TO GET RID OF SOME OF MY FOUR CATS (KEEPING TWO) OR I MAY LOSE MY KIDS. i asked to see the dcfs regulation or rule on animals& kids she said there was none. as long as the house is clean, food in house, and no abuse to the kids who is she to say how many cats I have. I live in the land of the free, free thats funny.

maiahlynn

Asked by maiahlynn at 12:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• What's next "Your child has to many siblings, get rid of some of your kids or you will loose them all "?
    I am very sorry that you are going threw this . I would however make some calls to see if there are any rules or regulations concerning the amount of pets per square foot of home / yard .Zoning laws differ from county to county but this to me sounds very disturbing .I cannot see how this worker can tell you that you must get rid of your pets if they are not effecting the well being of your child(ren).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Wow, what is going on in the world these days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Yea I had child services called on me accusing me of letting my "boyfriends" sexually abuse my daughter. However, my "boyfriends" were the plumber, electrician, and Sears guy coming to repair some things in my older house. I don't even have a boyfriend. I found out it was my neighbor who called them. That is why I HATE that commercial that says "if you even suspect child abuse" then call this number...blah blah blah. I'm not downplaying actual abuse, but it seems like anything can be perceived the wrong way. Its just nuts these days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• You need to call your city to find out the law on how many animals you are allowed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Make an anonymous inquiry to someone higher up at CPS regarding the rules on pets and children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• ok my village says you allowed three cats and or dogs... so silly that they can tell you how many animals you can have we live in america.. so when my cat had her babies I broke the law by allowing her to fed them because kittens must stay with mom until 8 or 9 weeks.
    there are much worst things to worry about than animals who are being well taken care of.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009