Someone please help me out here my 4 year old is driving me crazy

She was really good when her sister was first born she was3 months away from being 3 when I had baby #2 her sister is 20 months old now and she is all the sudden jelous (my 4 year old) I think anyway she wasn't like that before why? How do I get her out of that she has been in it for months now. If you do something for the baby she says to do it to her to. If she sits on the potty and you say yaaaay she will say say yay to me too. If the baby is being picked up she wants picked up. If the baby is doing something my 4 year old knows is wrong she still does it along with the baby. I go out side to smoke (we don't smoke in the house) and I tell her I will be back I am going on the porch she is fine until the baby crys then I ask what is wrong she says you left me in here she just started doing the crying thing she has never doone that before even when she was a baby. Help please what to do? Yes I am a SAHM

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I can't believe no one has answered you yet. Sorry! :( I would do some special things with her that the "baby" can't do. Color, ride a bike, sing, dance, paint, watch a movie, paint her nails, do her hair, etc. Congratulate her for doing things well or for helping out when you are outside (I used to be a smoker and know how hard it is to take that 5 min. to yourself when you are worried). You can also make cookies with her (she should be able to add all the ingredients and even crack the eggs). HTH
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 12:11 AM on Sep. 5, 2009