should I ask her again?

My cousin offered to lend me her daughter's old playpen thats in storage about a month ago. At a family gathering I asked her if she had had time to go to the storage unit (she said she was probably going there the previous weekend) but she said she had been too busy. Thats fine, I totally understand thats shes busy. But I was wondering if I should ask her again. I dont want to be nagging her about this, what should I say? Or should I just drop it and buy one myself? (the thing is, the ones at like Walmart or Babies R Us are pretty expensive, and you know times are kinda tough right now for hubby and I)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mention it one more time then just let it go.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:14 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I would just ask her one more time! Maybe she just forgot it cant hurt anything!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I would ask her again and just let her know you hate to BUG or NAG her but you can't really afford to get one brand new right now - let her know you would be willing to go and pick it up or anything else you can help her out with so she could get it
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i would mention it one more time then let it go.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I think if you really can't afford one and need the one she has you should call her on the phone. Ask her something specific like Is it ok to stop by and pick it up. If she says she is busy at that moment ask her if you can come say in two days. If she still says she is busy go buy your own. I don't like to be bothering people for things either.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 12:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I totally understand what you're saying, I have family like this, too. They offer something and never follow through. I usually will just bring something up once more. And just like you're saying, it is totally understandable if they are busy, so you should offer to pick it up, or ask when it would be a good time for her. If she doesn't get it, or let you get it, then you should go get your own.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Call her and ask her when would be a good time for you to pick it up from her. Then she has a reminder in case she did forget, and an easy solution if she is too busy to bring it to you herself. Tell her you would be happy to get the keys to the storage and you would bring them right back to her after you got the item.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• offer to buy it from her (at half price of course ) or look at yardsales or consignment shops.Maybe your town has a paper like I wanta or tell and sell (like craiglist but in paper magazine form)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Ask her if you can take her to get it, then as a thank you make her lunch at your house afterward. Saves her gas, you get the playpen, she gets a nice meal as thanks, and everyone is happy. That is called Southern Style hunny, because EVERYONE comes out a winner!
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2009