Moms, What are you planning to say to your children when they can't go to school on the 8th?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• ok, I expect every parent who pulls their kid out for this, to also pull thier kid out for every speaker who comes to the school. By your own logic you dont know what tehy are going to say to the kid either. And subs? you don't know what tehy are going to say. you might have a good working relationship with the teacher, but if they have a guest speaker in, are you going to pull them out for that? Oh wait! You don't get warning on ANY of taht stuff, but I am willing to bet you NEVER thought about all those instances before. Why is this any big deal? The kids will be bored, a handful will pay attention, listen and learn and the rest will waste their time like they do every day. Most probobbly wont remember it in a year (I know I dont remember most of the speakers who came to my school). I wouldn't worry about what he says. and I would tell my son he could go back and look it up when he was older.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:54 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• My kids are going there is no reason to keep them home.
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Special Ed School start on the 9th.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My daughter will be attending school on the8th, I do not have a problem with president Obama's speech. I honestly feel this is being blown out of proportion.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I have only breifly heard of the situation, I would want to hear what was being said to my children BEFORE they were allowed to hear it. If I disagree with what is said and chose to keep my kids home I would tell them the truth. There is no need to lie. You don't feel that they need to hear what is in the speach. Or you could let them go and have a discussion about what was said afterwards. But I would definatly be against letting my kids go and hearing it if I hadn't heard it myself. Just another reason why homeschool is better. You get total control over what your kids are being taught.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My oldest started last Monday and I see no reason for him to to attend class on Tuesday. My second will start preschool on the 8th and there is absolutely no reason for him not to attend class.

School is in session, they're not sick and we don't have any family emergencies. There is no reason for them not to go to school.

You don't hear everything a teacher says before they say it in the classroom, so the "I want to hear what is said to my kid before they hear it" doesn't hold water in my book.

A speech about the importance of staying in school, obtaining an education and doing the best one can do is no reason to stay home, nor does it do any harm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• "You get total control over what your kids are being taught."
    ~
    ~ Wow! Total Control! Sad *laughing*
    Anonymous

• Um...why can't they go to school?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Lets Just put it out there you don't want to accept the fact that we have a African american President.
    That is the real issue at hand. LOL I LOVE HATERS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• "Sorry Billy Bob and Sally Sue, but you aint attending school, we don't believe in opening your minds and letting you think for yourselves, you may ONLY believe what your Pa and me believe. Besides, Sally, you'll be married and pregnant at 18 and will stay home to serve your husband, and Billy, you'll be manager of the Acme just like your PA, so neither of you really need to stay in school, in fact, because Nobama WANTS you to stay in school and do well, we want you to FAIL just to show him that he can't tell us what to do! We do not respect the highest office in THIS family, and don't you forget it, now run outside and clean your weapons before we sit down and read from the bible."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2009