do i have the right to do this?

my husband is a pack rat ,our gauage is full of all kinds of junk' half the things there aren't any good anymore. the glues are all dried out the paints are all clompy. and the cleaner for what ever is that he clean are are dried out. and the rest is trash. my question. is if i know what is no good anymore is it okay for me just to throw it all out. i dont even think he knows what hes got in the gauarge anymore. to be honest with you, lol

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 12:22 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in About CafeMom

• You never know most pack rats know what they have! LOL I would just start throwing things out little by little. ~ Good Luck
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I would tell him that you really want him to clean it out, set a time for him to have it done by and let him know that if he doesn't clean it by then that you are going to go through and anything that looks like trash is going there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• toss it lol
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I do the same with my husbands stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'd drag out part and tell him please go through it tonight (or in a few days) because then it gets tossed. Then drag out another bit. This way you do both things that you already wanted to do, you clear it out, and you let him decide about keeping it. I wouldn't like if my husband decided my stuff was messy and tossed it out without asking me.

Answer by Bmat at 12:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My hubby is a packrat, too. His solution is to buy bins for everything, and as long as it "looks neat" then he figures no problem. I have a problem, though!:)

We, fortunately, have a 2 car garage. As far as I'm concerned, that means "his" and "hers." We each have the right to use our side as we see fit. His side can be as as full of crap as he wants. My side MUST fit my car, and his crap cannot spill over onto my side. If it does, I find something to get rid of on his side so that whatever is spilling over will go back.

It works for us-- it even inspires him to clean out his side and donate stuff so that he can go out and find something else to fill it.

I would never just get rid of something without discussing it with him, first. However, that doesn't mean he wins the discussion :)
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• clean it up together?
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 4:16 PM on Sep. 4, 2009