Do you agree with me when I say that most of the celebrities support the Democratic Party?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This video is full of subliminal messages in advertising.
    The opening and closing of the video is chilling, messages mentality subtly woven into them.

These are the same brain washed Hollywood people that were clamoring for Bush's head not too long ago, can they see that's twisted propaganda?

Have they not seen the propaganda films of the dictatorships of the past century?

Great examples: Ashton Kutcher & P-Diddy -Puff Daddy !!!!!!!!!!
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 12:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Why does it matter what celebs think? I vote how I want, not how my fave celeb wants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I would agree that Hollywood looks overwhelmingly supportive of BO, but how would any of us know what they really support? Just because they say they are voting for or supporting someone doesn't mean that they will actually do so. Dudes that meet and hood up with girls at a bar tell them that they will call the girl after they got what they wanted from her, but how many actually do make that call?

I think Hollywood is full of megalomaniacs and they just like to get their mugs on camera.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• It is definitely true that most of the OUTSPOKEN celebrities are progressive / liberal and support those campaigns ... I don't know whether they identify with or even THINK about political parties.

When surrounded by liberals, it is hazardous to voice a difference of opinion. Celebrities understand that they risk not getting hired if they espouse ideas unPOPULAR in Hollywood. (My son & his wife live near Hollywood & Vine streets, and work in acting & production) Hollywood is a VERY shallow society, the values are astonishingly superficial, and so popularity is EVERYTHING!

And since it requires so much time to just get gigs in order to pay the bills, it's likely that they spend all their time among "their own", and don't easily get exposure to differing ideas.

For example, look at how long it took to get blacks into normal roles, and how long it is STILL taking to get other "races" accepted as normal in Hollywood.

waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:50 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• You mean Celebs like tax evading (6.2 million) Nicolas Cage??? Birds of a Feather...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• OMG tyme....

They are all out to get you. Seriously, run to the hills and turn your TV off, close the blinds & hide in a closet. They might brain wash you & your kids w/ subliminal messages.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Yeah, but that's because it's the hip thing to be right now. I doubt most celebs are aware of most of the issues, and the ins and outs of both parties.
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 1:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• QuinnMae and tyme4me2day raise excellent aspects of the Hollywood mind-set:

There is not a lot of deep thought involved in the general way there - not saying there COULDN'T be.

Well-educated or even college-educated-AT-ALL celebrities are in the minority there.

And, I would be willing to bet that most of them have NOT seen the propaganda films of past - and present - dictators.

(Is it not awful when the bandwagon of good feelings has gotten rolling full speed with all the "I pledge ... to save gas and water ... to volunteer more ... to make CHANGE in myself before I demand it of others ... to call myself an American, not an African-American ... " and we're riding happily along in agreement with it all, then suddenly we find ourselves funnelled into pledging to SERVE the President ??!

Serve our COUNTRY, our neighbors, yes. But NOT our President. The President stands ALONGSIDE us under the Constitution's ideals.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Um NAZI propaganda anyone? Yeah we are one nation under God, not one nation under O-baminable. This is how communism started. I'm just saying. Read your history textbooks if you've forgotten.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• "Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does NOT mean to stand by the President or any other public official" -Theodore Roosevelt
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 1:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2009