Do IUDs mess with your "pregnancy" hormones? (LONG)

I have an IUD and I swear I am pregnant, but I took a test and it came up negative. I have a doctor's appointment on the 30th, but I am worried I am going to go and do a urine test and they won't be able to detect the hormones either..

The reason I think I'm pregnant is my breasts are so sore, and literally (besides when I was nursing) the only time they ever hurt was when I was pregnant with my DD, never from a period or anything else. They also have white stuff on them, I don't know what it is, but I got it when I was pregnant with DD also.

I feel baby kicking, but I don't have gas. (I asked about this yesterday and some of you said you feel "phantom" baby kicking as well, so I guess that could be explained)

I had the "flu" last week. The reason I say "flu" is because now I am thinking it was morning sickness. I haven't had my period for like four months, but that is normal with an IUD.

HELP ME.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OP here: I have had it for almost 15 months and have NEVER had any of these "side effects."
    I don't know, maybe it is all in my head..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• There are several things that can contribute to a negative pregnancy test even if you are pregnant. Some medications can give you a false negative, the timing of the test can affect the results. If you did not follow directions properly; if you let the test sit for too long the results may read negative after a while. It is important to read the results within the amount of time given on the instructions of that particular pregnancy test you bought. If you did not perform the test properly (example: you drank a lot of fluids before taking the test, which can dilute your urine). Etc Maybe the IUD failed to work or was expelled during one of your periods and you did get pregnant and you just took the pregnancy test too soon. Either way, go to the doctor, because thats something that needs professional medical attention. Don't mess around with your health. Taking good care of yourself should be your top priority.
    ilovewes

Answer by ilovewes at 12:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• When I had my IUD I got used to feeling pregnant 1 week a month instead of getting a period, then I had some bleeding (very light and brown) that lasted for 2 weeks, and then what seemed to be a "normal" period. I found out three weeks after that that I really was pregnant. So, I would be more concerned if you felt that way longer than what your normal period was for you before or if you start having periods and start feeling that way or miss a period...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Yes, IUDs have the common side effect of heavy periods, cramping, acne, breast tenderness, mood swings, and low sex drive. headaches and nausea.

Your ob/gyn should have told you all this.

If you have a serious suspician about pregnancy and home tests are negatives, request an blood test.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Ano:1:01 what happend to the baby?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Sep. 4, 2009