Odd baby names... really need help!!!

Ok i really need help on this.... My husband and i have been talking about what to name our son ever since the minute we found out he was a HE... and my husband and i have very different opinions on names and reasons of naming our son what we want... then we came to one name that he is completely stuck on, and after him giving me multiple reasons WHY to name our son what he wants to name him, we had come to an agreement! Well see the thing is, he wants to name our son Karma, and the reason being is b/c his due date is the same day that his mother passed away, it would be on her one year deceased date, and his mother was a wonderful woman, and he believes that his mother sent us this baby from heaven, as a piece of her, well i have asked multiple ppl how they feel about our name choice, & from our friends to our family, they ALL DISAPPROVE!!! Everyone says: "its not a name,especially for a boy, its a word..." so were stuck!!

c0rpsman4life

Asked by c0rpsman4life at 12:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YOUR KID!!!!
    My family all hated the name we picked out for our DD, but onces they got used to it, no one said a word :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• don't worry about what other people say. everyone hated the name we chose for our son (franklin) but now that he is 2, it has grown on them. :) everyone would always suggest names to me every time they talked to me hoping i wouldn't stick with franklin. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I know this girl how named her Daughter that but you should not tell them the name of YOUR baby until he is born. That's what I did because every name I came across for my 1st son everyone hated it so I decide to keep my name to myself until he was born. I did the same with my 2nd son.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• this is your child and your choice although I do not like it for the same reason others have told you, but this is not my child so my opinion does not matter!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I have always thought Karma meant what comes around goes around and it's not a good thing.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Well, it is an odd name and an odd name for a girl generally...the 'a' at the end makes it feminine...what about using Karma as a middle name? If you must go along that route though, maybe Fate or Kismet is a better name for a boy? Or how about this, what was his mother's first and middle names? Why not use the male version of her name?
    Anonymous

• oh i did that too, We did not tell anyone what his name was until he was born. We tossed around a few names but did not even agree until the day he was born anyway!lol
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I have always thought Karma was more of a negative term but looked it up to be sure. It means.... Karma: seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation.

I think it's more of a girls name but it's your baby. Congrats!
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 12:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• well make a deal with him...he gets the name karma for the middle name and u pick the first name. or the other way around... i dont know if know who flavor flave is but his sons name is karma lol... gl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I would have to agree that karma sounds more negative than positive to me....but it IS your child, and you have to give him a name that you think is right and that you both like.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2009