Should women who have had abortions be allowed to adopt?

I don't think so.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Y not? Should women who smoke be able to adopt kids? should women who drink be able to adopt kids? should women that are raped be able to adopt? Get over yourself !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Well then it's a good thing you don't get to choose who does and who doesn't.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 1:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Why not?
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 1:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I dont think they should unless they had to have a abortion due to life threatening medical reasons! If you had a abortion apparently you dont want kids anyway! I do not believe in abortion because it is MURDERRRRRRRRR. That's my opinion.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Not every woman who have abortions do so as a means of birthcontrol. Some have health issues, some were raped, and others have had to make a decision to abort after finding out their child would die anyways after just a few days of life.

So you think that none of those women should be able to adopt? Get over yourself.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• there is no simple answer to that question....there are TONS of reasons that people get abortions....what if the baby was going to die anyway so the dr reccomended a D&C....what if the mothers health was in jeopardy? what if the mother was forced into a D&C by an abusive spouce? Also dont forget there is a chance that women that have abortions can be unable to have more children...now that doesnt always happen...but its a risk...so if one of the scenarios listed above happened and that mother had that risk of not being able to conceive HAPPEN to her...then your still saying she should never be able to adopt??? kinda heartless....
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Well, I was considering an abortion and I'm in the process of adopting my 14 year old brother in law...I don't think previous abortions should come up in an adoption AT ALL.
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 1:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I dont think it is our right to judge people in that manner. Unless the woman is currently on illegal drugs or cant take care of the child then sure, the woman should have the right to adopt. Maybe because she murdered her own child she wants to save another childs life. W/E makes her feel better about killing another person I guess. I know someone who had an abortion and I'm pro life, we are still friends. Shes the one that will have to explain herself in the end.
    MaKettle87

Answer by MaKettle87 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• no they should never be allowed to adopt or have a child in the future,

they should all be taken out to the town square and flogged and put in schackles for a week with only stale bread and water, then and only then when they are too weak and emotional drainned to defend themselves they should be branded with the letter A for abortion on their forehead so the whole world can see the grave sin they have commented

this sentence should be carried out by all those in town that have never sinned

(since all humans sin, I guess Jesus Christ would be the only one to carry out these sentences, and I think that i remember that he spoke of forgiveness)
    so this will be up to you ANON questioner

so I guess my plan will not work out, DRAT,I too love to punish people for their sins
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• HELL YES!!!! I HAD AN ABORTION.

IT WAS THE WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE IN MY LIFE. I LIVE IN HELL BECAUSE OF IT EVERY DAY. I WENT TO MY PASTOR, I TOLD HIM I WANTED ANOTHER CHILD. IT WAS HIS IDEA TO CONSIDER ADOPTION. GIVE A SOUL A CHANCE THAT WAS NOT WANTED. HE SAID IT WOULD CURE MY PAIN, & IT DID. I HAVE A LOVELY 8 YEAR OLD GILR. SHE SAVED MY LIFE & I SAVED HERS. THIS IS A MIRICLE & WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE THIS LOVE. ADOPTION WAS THE BEST DECISION I EVER MADE, FOLLOWING THE WORST DESICION I EVER MADE.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2009