Parents can watch the President Speech on CNN. Are you still not sending your child to school on the 8th?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• i got a notice from my kids school saying they will not be allowing the children to watch the presidents adress to school children about curriculum...this angered me....why not let kids see it?? the past two presidents that did a speech towards schools were televised live to millions of classrooms...this is the FIRST ever where alot of schools are not allowing it...that doesnt make sense...wether or NOT we agree with the president isnt the issue...this is a good learning tool for our children...its also a good way to have older school children learn debate...let them watch it and then debate of the plusses and minuses of whatever he has to say....hell...we even got to see the OJ Simpson trial in my school when i was in HS...so why cant they watch this?????
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Whoa, Whats going on I missed something!
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I guess that shuts down the "if i cant hear what is being said then I don't want my kids to hear it" Shit down LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• whats goin on i missed something
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• huh why aint people sending there kids to school that day??????????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Explain your question please.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I homeschool so my kids won't be going to "school" on September 8th in any case. We won't be watching the speech because we are actually doing productive schoolwork during that time, and I don't have any hip waders or a big enough shovel to get through all the manure that's going to be spread around during the speech.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• ok if my kids were in school... YES they would go...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'm still concerned how school on the 8th competing against Obama's speech on the 8th helps or hurts parents, kids and helps or hurts Obama?

Parents can write a note to schools saying my kid's not allowed to watch speech for those parents and kids senstive to Obama's views.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• At 12:00 p.m., Eastern Time (ET), September 8, 2009, President Barack Obama will deliver a national address to the students of America. (Please note that this is a change from the originally scheduled time.) During this special address, the president will speak directly to the nation’s children and youth about persisting and succeeding in school. The president will challenge students to work hard, set educational goals, and take responsibility for their learning.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2009