How to train 7 month old baby to sleep in her crib

I know, I know its been 7 months. This baby is stubborned. Can anyone give me info on how to correct this. Anything except that cry it out method. DOn't just critizes me. Give me the methods that worked for you. thank you

nycsexymommy

Asked by nycsexymommy at 1:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• unfortunately the ONLY method that worked for me WAS the cry method...you cant train a kid to do something without there being some difficultness to it...if she doesnt like the crib there isnt anything that will make her like it...unless you put your foot down.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I let my daughter fall asleep while I rocked her then when she was asleep laid her in her crib witha blanket and she's been sleeping in there since she was 2 mos.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My daughter is 10 months, and she still doesn't want to sleep in her crib. I think it's because I let her sleep in bed for the first three months.

Anyways, I rock or bounce her until she's really starting to doze, and then I go put her in her crib. She has a heartbeat bear (and it makes a world of difference). Sometimes she stays asleep when I put her down, and other times she plays around with her stuffed animals until she calmly goes to sleep on her own. This is the only thing that works for her. The cry-it-out method is way too much, cause she screams all her air out and won't inhale. Not to mention it kills me to hear her calling for me, and not do anything for her.
    new_mom_10_21

Answer by new_mom_10_21 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• We had to do cio. It's funny to me when people who co-sleep or whatever say:" My baby will not accept the crib." Well of course, they don't! I can't think of a baby who came out wanting to sleep in the crib. This needs to be taught. We had to do cio starting at 2 mos. We would check in on her every 10-20 mins but never pick her up. We stayed very consistent. Now she is 6 mos, puts herself to sleep and doesn't even like being rocked.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• FYI: Just a piece of advice for moms. When I baby doesn't breath right off when crying it's ok. They will faint and come to when the chemicals in their body even out again..Can't remember if it's Co2 or oxygen. But it's normal and won't hurt them. I know I can't stand it either.
    I have a two year old who started off in his crib but DADDY started spoiling him by putting him in his play pen in our room. Now we are trying to get him back in with his brother and that's HELL...... My other half thinks I'm murdering the poor kid because I stand in the room with him and turn off the light and tv and let him scream. There is no harm in it. They will learn eventually that this is where i"m supposed to sleep.
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 10:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2009