is this normal for a first pp period? (TMI)

my dd is 10 months and i just started my first pp period yesterday morning (i breastfeed)and it is VERY heavy. i figured the first one would be but ive been going threw an overnight pad every hour(and by going threw i mean soaking threw them) and it hasnt gotten any better,just since yesterday ive went threw over a pack of overnight pads. also its VERY painful. is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine was like that. It was terrible. I had to go to the ER.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 1:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I don't think so. I would call your doctor. (I'm breastfeeding and my first period was really really light and the second was just like a normal period).
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• sopheeahsmommy what happened when u went to the er?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• They did a vaginal check to see if everything was normal. and they told me that it was probably just my first period. I am really anemic so thats why we were so worried.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 2:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I've had a few periods since my son was born in april but this one has been terrible. I'm having the same problems as OP...
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 4:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• my first one was very painful right before it started...it was like i was having contractions all over again..it was kinda heavy, not as heavy as yours tho, the docs always have told me that if you soak a pad an hour go to the ER..
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 5:22 AM on Sep. 5, 2009