WTH??? Take your WIC somewhere else??

Im not on WIC and I have no beef with folks that need it but this erked me so bad .
I was at the store and needed formula hamburger meat and a gallon of milk to make dinner( my husband goes thru milk like no other) Well I decided to get 12 can of formula just so I would be set for the month. Whjen I was in line I heard a woman behind me say "Lazt B take your WIC somewhere else and let real working americans buy their food."

I looked at her and was like excuse me ? what is your problem?
When I got rang up I pulled out my cash and paid then turned around and said how is that for hard working B*tch? Next time dont be so quick to judge.

Is it so odd someone can buy their own formula anymore?
My husband is an OBGYN so we are in no way hurting for money . What is wrong with people? She made the assumption before I even got rung up .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I misread your post at first. I thought you said you ARE on WIC but your husband is an OB/GYN so I couldn't figure out how that happens.
    I am guessing that person was just impatient was was looking for a reason (valid or not) to unload on you.

I can understand why you would be annoyed. It would still be rude to say that to someone even if they were actually on WIC. As some moms here pointed out, their family is military and they still need it.
    Martina70

Answer by Martina70 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Some people are just rude.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• OMG GIRL I WOULD OF BEEN PISSED OFF TOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm not on any PA either, my husband works . I mean we live comfortably, but WIC "would "
    help. I wouldn't be too good to take it .

But, we don't get it. I've had rude comments like what you got at the market, too .

OMG. Wouldn't you just want to slap them !! :O
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 1:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• bet you feel good for not keeping your mouth closed
    bet she felt pretty stupid and may shut your mouth next time
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• You know what REALLY pisses ME off? FOSTER parents get WIC if their foster kids (as in not adopted, but foster kids) qualify. My aunt does foster care and WIC pays for two of her kids formula and milk and she gets nasty looks at grocery stores, etc. People are SO rude.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I sure did want to smack her .
    But my little baby was with me and just didnt want him seeing me that upset LOL .
    I hope she shuts her mouth next time . Next time someone may hit her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• OMG OP :)

I've had the same thing done too me... people tlking about me in spanish.
    I'm thinking Um, can't you tell I'm mexican ? Most mexicans (some ) speak spanish!
    I had to lash back at them in spanish lol !! Errrrr the nerve of some people!!

Good one for holding your temper! Part of it ? :-P
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 1:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• well I held as much as I could she needed to be told .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'm on WIC and I would've hit her. Times are hard and some people are doing the best they can. Ugh, I hate people who think they're better because they have a job and money. I dont usually cash more than one check at a time because of people like her (and I was a cashier at one point) unless I have to. But still, if she didn't like it, she could've moved her a** to another line.
    Anonymous

• There is nothing wrong with woman on WIC! Most people that I know on WIC work! Both parents work so I don't get how someone would say something so stupid! I have nothing to be ashamed of being on WIC! So I would of told someone like that off!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2009