How to get Rid of Grease w/o pouring it down the sink?

So I pour grease from like Bacon and Hamburg in a little bowl when cooking. Well now it's full and I don't know how to get rid of it. I used to get rid of it when I lived at my parents by pouring it over the dog's food. It made his coat shinny. Well, I don't live there anymore and need to dump it out. Anyone have and ideas. I hate pouring grease down the drain...

fireangel0310

Asked by fireangel0310 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I always just dump mine in the trash. When we were kids, we had 5 acres, most of it were wood, and we just threw it out in the woods.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• 1) Put it in an old jar and keep in the frige until full and then throw away.
    2) Let it cool and then pour it into a ziplock baggie and throw it away.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• well i usually just dump it out side far away from the house. Or I will pour it in an old Wla-Mart bag, tie it up and put it in the trash.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Yeah, I dump mine in the garbage, if you dump it down the drain it can congeal in there and block the drain, so I really try not to let any get down there. If you don't want to just pour it loose in the garbage, use an old coffe can or some other old jar or container with a lid you can just toss out when it's full.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I would just put it in the fridge until it solidifies and throw it in the garbage.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 1:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i add hot water to dilute it and then pour it outside far away from the house.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• yeap i would put it in a spaghetti jar and when it was full put it in the trash.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I save empty jars or plastic containers (like from ricotta cheese and yogurt) for that purpose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Gosh. Don't do this!! I used to pour it outside.. I was Young & silly! I thought it would just like go into the soil. Make it more rich & fertile! So I always accumulated where I put it. We had A party & I stepped in it & Slipped! OMG. I was being filmed! I looked so Stupid & I Was teased about it! Thought about sending it in to America's funiest Videos! How Dumb was I? Now We just put it in A throw away container & toss it out on Garbage Day! Great Question! You had me so laughing at my own young Wife stupidity! Wel I had no parents or anyone to learn from.! Its my only excuse! I hope you find your right answer that works for you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I have acoffee can under my sink I just pull it out and dump grease in it, put the lid on it and when it is full I throw it away.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2009