Anyone elses baby do this?

We went to the dr and she said she was growing just fine so there was no need to worry but my daughter 4 months old spits up everytime she is sitting up .
I just dont know what to do I dont want to take her to the ER they are so rough with babies .
Her other dr wont be back in the office for another 2 weeks.
Is it normal ? does your baby do it?
She does it when she is sitting up shortly after she eats,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son used to spit up and throw up after every bottle. once he was around 7 months he slowed down and eventually stopped. my son also had diarrhea after every bottle and once in a while still does. by the time my son was 5 months i went through 6 different formulas, i even tried powdered formula then switched to liquid formula and he would still throw up. my doctor also said that my son was doing very well and was very healthy, so i didnt worry about it too much.
    silentbreeze86

Answer by silentbreeze86 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Is she fussy after she eats/ spits up?
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• No she is sitting there laughing and playing then up it comes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My daughter used to spit up when she'd sit up, but when I changed her formula to a better and softer kind, it stopped. I also didn't feed her anything like bananas, or acidic fruits
    new_mom_10_21

Answer by new_mom_10_21 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• What is she eating?? If she's on solids it could simply be her digestive system is not ready to handle it yet.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:57 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Just formula she drinks goodstart.
    It was the most gentle on her stomach.
    the others made her spit up constantly
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My son spit up all the time too. Nothing was wrong with him. The little muscle that keeps food in the stomach is still week. As your little on get bigger she will begin to spit up less and less. Also, when she is sitting up she may be a little full and the extra just comes out. Don't worry unless is is really fussy and not gaining weight.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My first thought is she is eating too much. When she's sitting up, the excess is pushed back out. Offer maybe an ounce less and see if that satisifies her. If it's just a small amount, I really wouldn't worry about it. If it's a lot, then go back to the doc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• She spits up even if she drinks just an oz
    idk but that for the input ladies:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• My DD did that for a time, but it seems to have stopped. I read in a couple books that this is normal as long as she isn't shrieking in pain or anything. I really dont' think you need to take her to the Er since she seems happy otherwise.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2009