How do I get the sitter to be more active on potty training

I have a 2 year old daughter when she is home she wears her big girl pants and tells me when she has to go potty. We havent had an accident for about 2 weeks. She is fully ready to get this potty training down. But my problem is The sitter. She does not want or have the time to do it? She tells me she wants to but when I ask did she go today she says no she doesnt seem interested? How is that when during the weekends and evenings she is practially potty trained?
HELP!

madies_momma07

Asked by madies_momma07 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like the sitter is too busy doing other things than to ask for a 2 minute trip to the potty every half hour or so.

I had this problem when my eldest was 2. I simply had to tell the sitter that she needed to start taking him to the potty or I would be forced to find another sitter that would. My son's best interest was more important than whatever she would rather be doing.
    new_mom_10_21

Answer by new_mom_10_21 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Tell the sitter that it is her job to care for your child in your absense. That includes potty training. I she can't handle it, find one who does. I use a day care and they help toilet train all of the kids and have to deal with all the accients of 6 - 10 potty training kids. I never hear them say they are too busy or the chld just wasn't interested.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• you pay her for being the sitter not the mom,when i sit kids i dont do the parents job thats their problem not mine (unless your paying her really really good i wouldnt be complaining)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Wow anon 1:53, I'm glad your not my babysitter. Do you even bother to feed the kids, or is that "mom's job" too?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• sorry i dont mean to be mean at all,but ok heres the truth i would totally do it my self because bootie smell and poop dont bother me but you gotta understand not all people are like this.i had a friend that took a week offof work to do it cause her own mom wouldnt do it and he was done,my point is that not all people are willing,im totally sorry if i came out rude.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• OH, I guess that makes more sense. But I figure, if you're going to watch my child, you're going to have to do what I would, which means taking them to the potty. If you don't want to or can't handle, then someone will need to do it. Kids don't potty train over night. They still have accidents and need help wiping for a while. It's a process. And it needs to be consistant. I'm wondering if the term "sitter" is what's throughing me off here. If it's an inhome day care, or someone who is watching the kids all day while you are away, then they are going to have to help. Just a teen downthe street sitting for you, might be harder to convience.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• ask her if it bothers her maybie thats what it is ,if so then find a new one.one time a had person request some stupid thing and i said no because the mom was paying me nothing i was actually doing her a favor cause we were close but when she got all demanding i was like bye! thats why i said it about the paying.sorry anyway but dont be surprised if your little girl can do it in a week cause girls are much easier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I would think that she would rarely need to go with a sitter. That's usually only a few hours anyway...3 maybe 4. Or do you mean daycare provider.

If you mean daycare provider, then what was the agreement you originally drew up with her about potty training? What's in the contract?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2009