how to teach about good touch and bad touch to 6 yr old ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well you really have to sit down with them and explain that it is wrong for them or anyone else to touch them in private areas. That it is for married people/adults only. That they could get into trouble if they are the ones doing it and that it is wrong for an adult to do such a thing to them. my DD was molested at 4 years old and the child protective services here handled it all really well. They taught my dd a bunch of things. So that in the future she knew what was a proper touch and an inproper touch.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I told my children that they should not and cannot let anyone but mommy/doctor touch them anywhere their bathing suit covers. That made a very simple visual for them. Granted you have others in your life I am sure you are confident won't molest your kids ie grandma etc. It is up to you and what members in your family you trust. I would not heisitate to let my mom give my kids a bath, check for a boo boo in a private area. But for the most part if your bathing suit covers it...NO TOUCHY!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I like the2:11pm answer. Makes it quite clear to the kids. My son is learning and realizing males and females have some different body parts. He knows boys have penis and girls have vagina.... He doesn't like/want to say vagina. Kinda funny..lol. I have 2boys...so I just tell my son he's the only one who touches his penis unless were@DR or mommy says differently
    oddballj

Answer by oddballj at 3:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• With my boys I explained that their privates (anything covered by underwear) are just that - private. I let them know that nobody is allowed to see or touch their privates except mom/dad/grandma (like during bath) or the doctor at check-up time.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2009