Should have done this?

My neighbors have a few dogs that are not fed the way they should be.They have lived here for about 7 months and I waited for them to change but havent.It ver yhot here and they usually dont have any water or food.I finally called the pound yesterday,I guess they came out and warned them bc I heard them talk ing saying "they called the poound" One of the ogs is loose and eats the trash! .They were called once for excessive barking and got a warning for that...Im nervous now that the neighbors will find out it was me.We are kind os friends but not great,I know they cant safford to feed the animals either. The shelter told me they dont tell who called but they did aske my ph.# and name.Im so nervous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in Pets

• animal control will not divulge anonymous information

but if your neighbors suspect it was you i would call the local police department and ask them what kind of protection they can offer. you dont want them vandolizing your home or anything.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• How do you know they aren't being fed properly? They may feed them more in the home. Also, if you leave trash out, a dog will eat it fed or not by owners.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Don't be nervous. The fact that you already know they can't afford to feed and care for those dogs confirms that what you did was the right thing. I know it feels like a very personal thing (calling the pound) that you 'did' to them - but honey it was not your 'doing' - it's their NOT doing that has caused this. They should feed the dogs - they're not. They're should give the dogs up if they can't care for them - they're not. They should be responsible enough to realize that their complacency, letting the dog(s) run loose, not feeding them, not giving them water, the whole nine yards is what has caused this. Honestly you can't expect to have neighbors who love animals then expect them to turn a blind eye when they are doing their animals wrong, that's asking you to be a good neighbor but be a hypocrite and give them an exception. Don't worry about it - if they find out it was you - fess up and look 'em in the eye when you do
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i KNOW THEY ARENT FED BC THEY DONT TAKE THEM IN THE HOUSE THEY ARE CHAINED UP RIGHT OUT SIDE BEDROOM WINDOW.tHE LOOSE ONE IS LOOSE BC HIS COLLAR SLIPPED OFF FROM HIM LOOSING WEIGHT..aROUND HERE ITS ILLEGAL TO NOT HAVE YOUR DOG ON CHAIN OR IN A FENCE.
    tHE LADY SAID A FEW MONTHS AGO SHE WAS GONNA TAKE THE 2 SMALLEST TO THE POUND BC SHE COULDNT FEED THEM BUT NEVER DID,SO i THOUGH Ti NIGHT BE HELPING A LITTLE.
    iM NERVOUS BC THEY HAD TO HAVE MY PH. # AND NAME.WHY WOULD THEY NEED THAT?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• They take your name and number incase they have any questions in the future regarding the animals case. They won't tell who called.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• Thank you! Im still very nervous.Im a worry wart about everything..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Sep. 5, 2009

• I used to have neighbors like that in the desert.. and i was friends with them but would you rather do a good deed and let them get butthurt about it or walk outside and look over and see a dead innocent animal because of their neglect???
    im sure the pound wont tell them and even if they do find out who cares, you did a good thing and if they wanna get bent out of shape for that, let em but their is no reason for them to keep those animals if they cannot afford the care and attention they need.. thats torture... so put a smile on and keep your head up keep on calling if things dont change!!! hell i used to even put bowls of food and water out for my neighbors dogs w/o permission (if you do that let the pound know you did before they come out) i mean wat are they gonna do yell at you for feeding their animals when they cant afford to do it? haha
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 6:35 AM on Sep. 6, 2009

• If you are friendly with the neighbors...why not address them personally? I mean you are feeling scared because you will be found out...but a friendly conversation may have done the trick. Some people get animals and don't realize the kind of care they require...a cute puppy and a large dog are two different things all together...I've worked in a vets office and seen truly neglected animals...and it's sad, but part of being a friendly neighbor is being an honest neighbor. If the dogs are barking and getting on your nerves...just say so. If you think they need a vet...say so...just approach them from a friendly and helpful place Let each other know what is goin on...and offer whatever help you are willing to give. Either by putting out the food and or water, or giving them a lift to the shelter to let the animals go. I hope the dogs get the help they need, and that you and your neighbor continue to be friendly.

Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 9:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2009