Any one out there going crazy trying to adjust to having a new baby that already has other kids?(I have three one is 8yrsboy an a 41/2yr old daughter an 2monthboy)

mizdutchess

Asked by mizdutchess at 1:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• When I had my second son, it was awful times with my oldest son Gavin. He was getting sent home with notes from his daycare center, he was always throwing fits at the house......it was no good lol. I remember one time telling him that we can spend time and hang out and play and wtach tv just as soon as i feed Joaquin and put him down for a nap, but if he's going to keep acting like he has no rules or manners, and cant wait for "our" time, then he should take a nap as well. I think the acting out thing lasted for about 2 months. its two yrs later now, and i still make sure to have just "our" time. Gavin and I go out and do "our"errands every Sat morning and sometimes we even go out to breakfast by ourselves. And every friday nite we have date nite, we rent a movie and he gets to pick dinner and we stay up way late! 8pm hahaha.
    jenilove

Answer by jenilove at 2:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I know it can be crazy. I had 4 other kids when I brought my baby home. I have a 14yr old, a 11yr old, a 8yr old and a 4yr old. The two youngest were the hardest to deal with at the time. Because they were 7 and 3. I was trying to potty train the 3 year old because he refused to try the whole time I was pregnant. It was really hard to feed a baby every two hours and potty training. My dd who was 7 was learning the concept of patience. It's a little better now that everyone is older. Hang in there. Hugs :)
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 7:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I have a baby on the way and I have a 7 and 8 year old.... my 8 year old daughter will be excited to find out a baby is on the way... they both actually have asked for baby brother or sister. I haven't told them just yet. Boy I hope they can be more help than a problem lol... maybe I better set myself up for some issues huh? never really thought of it that way. hmmmm.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2009