Can someone answer this not discuss pros and cons just what you know of that Obama's 8th speech will be on? I 'm not saying I agree with it. I don't know what it is supposed to say!!! Can you tell me?

lfl

Asked by lfl at 1:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• for fkn crying out loud already. If people would just go to the official White house page they would know.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• i have no idea what its about too. I would love to know. Is it soemthing all the kids are going to be shown? are all the schools broadcasting his speech? whats it about? Im not trying to be a bitch, im clueless (the news scares the shit outta me so I dont usually watch it)
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• aww anon, your so helpful in your bitchy own way :) lol maybe we want to hear it from REAL people not JUST WHAT THE W.H will say!
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• AS FAR AS I KNOW IT IS ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF EDUCATION, THE REST OF THE AGAINST OBAMA CLAN ARE IN AN UPROAR OVER NOTHING.

Answer by older at 2:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• How do the real people know what he is going to say unless they find out for themselves? DUH. That's why you should look!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• http://www.whitehouse.gov/mediaresources/
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 2:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• http://www.examiner.com/x-19673-Michelle-Obama-Examiner~y2009m9d3-I-pledge-Obama-video-goes-viral-Watch-Video
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I'm the original poster. Oh ok thanks. I'm not calling my school. I talk openly about ways that schools teach kids those with different needs from mainstream and plus we talk mainstream. What on earth could be freaking out some of our moms so so much about Obama's talk? What are you hearing?

I don't understand what they heck he could say that would scare kids so much? I wonder what age the kids are of the moms who are so upset over their kids hearing the speech?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I don;t get what they big deal is either, as far as I know it is about how important education is. I think that people are just making a stink to make a stink, my school won't show it and are saying that it's because all media must be ok'd first. Hog wash, they had no problem showing Bush, but then again I live in a republican state so I guess that's what the real issue is.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I don't get it either. I never saw a big stink when Regan or GHWB did their speeches. I even asked my dad about it and he said that he did not even know about the speeches given during school time. There was no permission slip or threats to boycott schools (gee, the kids are REALLY feeling punished with a 4 day weekend) that day. It just happened. I don't even remember the content of the speeches--just that we were placed in the library class by class. So I don't think too many elementary kids are going to get a lasting impact of his speech.

It's not like he's giving "the sex talk" to first graders.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2009